🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Don't Shows Rising Talent Badge
Page options
jannat-sheikh
Community Member

Why I can see this problem?

I am Top Rated Freelancer but when I am going to apply for a project I can see that I am not under rising talent.

Not sure why?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hello everybody,

I'd like to provide an update about this issue. Our engineers have released a fix for this issue. Top Rated and Rising Talent freelancers shouldn't be seeing notifications that they don't meet Rising Talent preferences on jobs posted going forward. Please, let us know if you're Top Rated or Rising Talent freelancer but still see those notifications on some of the older jobs. 

We've also forwarded general feedback that was shared on this thread about the preference settings with the team. We'll be looking into making it clearer on the site how these settings work. 

Update: We'll be closing this thread from further replies.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

105 REPLIES 105
colettelewis
Community Member

Jahangir S wrote:

I am Top Rated Freelancer but when I am going to apply for a project I can see that I am not under rising talent.

Not sure why?

It is because the client doesn't know that the rising talent badge is  for new freelancers (who qualify) until they get a JSS, when it is removed. However, it does represent a certain standard, which is probably what the client is looking for. 

You can still apply for the job and tell them you are top rated and that the rising talent badge is not permanent. 

Hello everyone, I got my rising talent badge today, but still I am getting red exclamation mark in Client’s preferred requirement s. Why is this? Please guide.

Hi Noman,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork
nomansa
Community Member

After your reply, I checked from my PC and found every thing OK there, but I usually use upwork ios app for job hunt and my phone’s app is showing this red exclamation mark. Also I don’t think I can clear cache from iphone app. 😞
petra_r
Community Member

Jahangir S wrote:

Not sure why?

It's a bug that comes and goes. Ignore it and apply anyway.

NikolaS

Hi Jahangir,

As a Top Rated, you shouldn't be seeing this notification. I see you've discussed it with an agent in a support ticket and we'll make sure it's escalated so that our engineers can further investigate this issue. Meanwhile, you can still send your proposal to the job and it will be displayed to the client.

~ Nikola
Upwork
mahzeeshan
Community Member

I have Top Rated Badge with 99% Job Success but on the jobs which require Rising Talent, it shows I don't have a Rising Talent Badge. Why It shows that I don't have a Rising Talent Badge in the Job Description when I already have a Top Rated Badge?

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
hadikallas
Community Member

Hello!

I did not apply for jobs in a while, since that I have full time current jobs to work on.

Now I am trying to apply, and I do not meet requirement for "Rising Talent" option, and not sure about the other options (minimum earning, etc...), even though my JSS is 100% currently.

I know that the client will see my JSS and total earnings, but I will be categorized under the proposals that do not meet requirements.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Hadi,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket and email as well and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hadi K wrote:

Hello!

I did not apply for jobs in a while, since that I have full time current jobs to work on.

Now I am trying to apply, and I do not meet requirement for "Rising Talent" option, and not sure about the other options (minimum earning, etc...), even though my JSS is 100% currently.

I know that the client will see my JSS and total earnings, but I will be categorized under the proposals that do not meet requirements.

Thank you in advance.

Hadi, 

Don't worry about this. You can still apply for jobs with this condition. Most clients don't realize that the rising-talent badge is given to encourage new freelancers who have the potential to earn money on Upwork. It is removed as soon as the freelancer gets a JSS. 

You have a very healthy JSS, so you should get your top-rated badge quite soon. 

(If you explain any of this to a client, be very brief and don't put it at the beginning of your proposal as the first three lines are the most important part of your bid.)

I don't have a problem perks given to rising talents. And this is not about me. I usually don't bid for jobs either. I get invitations and project buyings. But I still feel it is injustice. At least there should be top rated and top rated plus badges should be included as for qualification. Let the client decide which type of freelancer he needs

Thank you

abixbg
Community Member

Consider yourself lucky! I lost JSS calculation requrements due inactivity and I am now neither Rising Talent or have any JSS even tho I have  almost perfect feedback but on bad timeframe... 

Currently burning connects like hell applying to every job posted just to get lucky getting some client taht doenst pay attention and don't check out both filters. Yesterday I talked with fellow freelancer having the same problem that cost him 2 months of pain. 

saimulft
Community Member

It really suck to get new jobs with proper value without job. You can try to lower your quotes till you get new four contracts. 

I hope that you get back on track soon

rafsun_ug
Community Member

Recently, I can see a huge number of jobs Preferred qualification is for a "Rising Talent" and I can see a red circle there.

Screenshot_1.png

Can a client see a Top-Rated freelancer's application when they locked their preferred qualifications for a Rising Talent? I mean does it a "Best Match" to a client when a Top-Rated applies to those jobs?

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Rafsun,

This is actually a known bug and the team it's currently working on it. I have shared this with the team so they're aware and they'll follow up with you via a support ticket.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ali_sumon008
Community Member

I got Rising Talent todayrising talent.PNGrising.PNG. But I applied job to show you do not meet this qualification.

Hi Md Sumon,

Congratulations on getting the Rising Talent badge!

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, our team is aware of the issue and working on a fix. One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
saimulft
Community Member

Recently I am seeing a lot of work with preferred qualification as Rising talent only which previously used to be 90% or Rising talent. 
The matter is I am a Top-Rated but It still not counting . There's a no qualification for Top-Rated but there's for rising talent. What kind of injustice is this? If you want to include a Badge requirement then have badge requirement for every type of badge not just rising talents. It's making the impression to new clients that only rising talents are top guns.

Super Stange things going on lately.

Hi Saimul,

When clients post jobs, they have the option to add preferred qualifications for freelancers who will apply. Please know that you can still apply to these jobs. Clients can still consider your application and decide whom they will hire for the job. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
saimulft
Community Member

I know that. But I wanted to know how come the rising talent is a preferred qualification but there is no option to select Top Rated, Top Rated plus  as preferred qulification. Don't we have any gravity?

Hi Saimul,

I do understand your concern. Our team has identified a bug and is working on a fix. One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Saimul I wrote:

I know that. But I wanted to know how come the rising talent is a preferred qualification 

As was repeatedly confirmed in this very thread, it's a known bug

Saimul I wrote:

how come the rising talent is a preferred qualification but there is no option to select Top Rated, Top Rated plus  as preferred qulification. 

There is for paying clients.

saimulft
Community Member

Actually I didn't had seen that till now. I see the moderator comments and now understand it is a bug. Thanks

akasheditor
Community Member

My JSS is above 90% but still in Preferred qualifications area they showing me that you do not meet this qualification, Please advise

Hi Akash,

Sorry to hear you experienced this. This is a bug that our team has identified and is working on a fix. One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
antorix
Community Member

I keep seeing the thing on the screenshot more and more often which I find utterly illogical: clients require a "Rising Talent" qualification, but at the same time they want an "Expert" to "pay higher rates for the most experienced freelancers." How can this be combined? Isn't it a contraversion? A client needs an expert and ready to pay good money, but many real experts won't qualify just because they are not Rising Talent but Top Rated. How so? I find this absurd.

A Rising Talent is not the highest qualification on Upwork. If a client wants best freelancers, why do they choose Rising Talent and why does Upwork allow them to make such a paradoxical combination in their job posting? This is very harmful to Top Rated freelancers who fall out of the qualification requirement on such jobs just because of this silly misunderstanding. Now I constantly see that I don't qualify for a job because I'm Top Rated+ (and a client needs an expert, what a pity). Obviously this is Upwork's design flaw, and clients are hard to blame: they can't be expected to know all the nuances of statuses and levels, especially new clients.

This is a new development, I started seeing this not long ago. Can somebody from Upwork answer why is this combination of parameters possible on new jobs and why do you allow such discrimination of Top Rated freelancers? And if you insist on this combination, ok, but can you then add a Top Rated qualification to the new job form so that the client may choose correctly and can CLEARLY see that Top Rated is higher than Rising Talent? I've never seen any client who would require Top Rated freelancers, it seems to me there is just no such option for them.

Screenshot_1.jpg

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Anton,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share it with our team.
I would also like to clarify that since you're Top Rated you should not see that you're not fulfilling the requirement for a Rising talent badge. Our team is aware of this problem and is working on resolving it as soon as possible.
One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran, but I didn't mean I wanted the badge. I wanted to apply to jobs. Now I suspect the client will see that I'm not qualified and will just ignore me.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Anton,

I'm sorry for the confusion. To clarify, Top Rated freelancers should not show that they are not fulfilling the requirements for Rising Talent.
Our team is aware of this problem and is working to resolve it as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
hprambodo
Community Member

Hi 

why im not meet the qualification when i want to apply job that have "rising talent qualification"? even im "Top rated plus" freelancer, this is ridiculous because i think top rated plus freelancer means i have passed all the requirements? 

anybody can explain this? because the most of available job have rising talent requirement, i know i still can apply it, but i will be marked as not qualified and it disserve me also wasting my connect.

thanks 

Harri

Screenshot (2).png

I'm editing my reply because I read there may be a bug or something, and I realized I don't fully understand the situation. Sorry! 

Hi Harri Budi,

Our team has identified a bug and is working on a fix. One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
8d6ba48b
Community Member

Hi Fellow freelancers!

Today when I logged in to upwork, I got a notification congratulating me for getting the rising talent badge. The badge is showing on my profile.

However when I checked, I did not recieve any email regarding the rising talent. Also, when applying for the jobs, The rising talent requirement is not met on the jobs that require it.

PS : I saw a similar query in the forum but it was not solved.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anirudh,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue? 

You should receive the email regarding your Rising Talent status within a couple of days. To ensure you get the marketing emails, please submit the following form and we’ll add you to the list! You can always unsubscribe at any time.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
8d6ba48b
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Yes I have cleared the cookies and cache and even logged in to another browser, but the problem still persists.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anirudh,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
8d6ba48b
Community Member

Thanks Bojan,

I recieved the email today and the issue is resolved.

1db817f7
Community Member

Hi. My profile is showing Rising Talent badge but its shows red mark when I try to submit proposal. Moreover, second question is after how many days *My badges* gets update as it was updated on 13th June last time. At that time I didnt have Rising Talent badge. Thanks
Irfan
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths