🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why I can't get a new job
Page options
rajaa70
Community Member

Why I can't get a new job

Hello Upwork's community,
I hope to find a solution for my problem here !
So, it's been months since I had completed a job ( I had some health related problems that forces me to stop temporary working ) I was back on the market on Marsh and started submitting proposals in my area of expertise but I keep submitting proposals and no one contacts me back !
It's so frustrating, I am trying to find the reason why I'm not selected in this past 3 months, Is it my JSS which is blocked on 75% since months ? How can I improve it if I can get any new contract ?
I would love if someone hint me some tips so I can improve my profile, Thank you very much

2 REPLIES 2
9b660019
Community Member

While we're in different career fields, my own recent experience mirrors yours - starting in mid-March my success at winning jobs plummeted.

March is also when the COVID-19 pandemic started bringing all of the major economies in the world (except China*) to a sudden halt. This, naturally, results in less work on platforms like Upwork as companies scale back operations and delay projects. Additionally, the massive surge in unemployment brings an influx of new gig/freelance workers looking to replace their lost income.

(*China went through its own COVID-19 economic crisis, but earlier than everyone else)

More people looking for work at a time when there's much less work to be had makes it harder for everyone, especially those without a strong existing base of clientele.

rajaa70
Community Member

Thank you very much for your answer, maybe you’re right, it’s just the frustration of the frozen JSS for the past three months that is making me very worry, I keep telling myself that the clients are declining my offers because of this.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members