🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why I don`t get new connects?
Page options
liroshka
Community Member

Why I don`t get new connects?

In my profile it says that the Billing cycle is this:

Jul 8, 2019 — Aug 7, 2019

now it is Jul 9, 2019, and I still do not see new connects.

11 REPLIES 11
dzadza
Community Member

no more free connects... there's a rather long topic on that...

liroshka
Community Member

So the only way for me to get connects is to pay?

petra_r
Community Member

Liroshka L wrote:

Yes, and you must change your profile picture to a photo of yourself, not some model whose photo you "borrowed!"

liroshka
Community Member

I am flattered 🙂

Thank you for your quick response.

Petra R wrote:

Liroshka L wrote:

Yes, and you must change your profile picture to a photo of yourself, not some model whose photo you "borrowed!"

Maybe he is just very happy with the work done to his nose and teeth. But why did he change his name for a loan?

Petra R wrote:

Is Petra implying that you have to be ugly to be a freelancer?

Luce N wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Is Petra implying that you have to be ugly to be a freelancer?

Not at all, Petra is stating that the photo is from a stock-photo site and shows a model, not the OP, and if he does not change it pronto then buying connects will be the least of his worries.

Or a model or a digital journalist from a Spanish newspaper (Francisco Lorenson) 🙂 who, apparently, is also lying about his appearance.

chan_masih
Community Member

no more free connects. You've to buy it.

There is no requirement that a freelancer be "ugly" in order to work on Upwork.

But Upwork will indeed suspend or block usability of freelancer profiles that use fake photos instead of posting a photo of their actual face.

The problem freelancers face when they use a high-quality stock photo is that the quality of the photo and the lighting often has a certain "look" to it, a look that may draw the attention of Upwork employees and Forum participants who are experienced in looking for fake photos.

A person can then download the profile photo, and do a google image search on the photo, and see if the photo shows up as a stock photo. Which is what happened in this case.

You may ask: What if a model - whose photo is indeed used as a stock photo - wanted to work on Upwork as a freelancer?

In that case, the model would want to take a COMPLETELY NEW PHOTO to use as his profile photo, rather than use the stock photo. Because using a stock photo (even if he has permission to use it) would cause him endless trouble.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Preston H wrote:

There is no requirement that a freelancer be "ugly" in order to work on Upwork.

But Upwork will indeed suspend or block usability of freelancer profiles that use fake photos instead of posting a photo of their actual face.

The problem freelancers face when they use a high-quality stock photo is that the quality of the photo and the lighting often has a certain "look" to it, a look that may draw the attention of Upwork employees and Forum participants who are experienced in looking for fake photos.

A person can then download the profile photo, and do a google image search on the photo, and see if the photo shows up as a stock photo. Which is what happened in this case.

You may ask: What if a model - whose photo is indeed used as a stock photo - wanted to work on Upwork as a freelancer?

In that case, the model would want to take a COMPLETELY NEW PHOTO to use as his profile photo, rather than use the stock photo. Because using a stock photo (even if he has permission to use it) would cause him endless trouble.

**Edited for community guidelines**

This Liroshka is an extremely busy man! I wonder how he still has the time to freelance on Upwork.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members