🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why I don't have any invitations
Page options
reemdmh
Community Member

Why I don't have any invitations

I am facing trouble for a long time, not less than 7 months , which is that I dont get any invitations to my account even though my account success score is 100% and all my reviews are 5 stars.... is there any way to find how often my account appears to the client? Is there any way to see where the problem is?😥😥

6 REPLIES 6
imsabin
Community Member

I also have 5 stars as well as a 100% job score that's really no means in upwork.  I did not get anything since 2022. I did everything to at least get an interview or invitation but my hope is down. I am tired of this!!!

759e32fa

Hi Reem and Sabin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can understand how this may have caused negative emotions. Please keep in mind that freelancers are shown on a rotating basis as well so that everyone gets a fair chance to be discovered. Also, as there are more and more freelancers who are joining Upwork, the competition gets tougher.

To get clients to hire you for projects, it is best to search the marketplace for job listings that match your skillset and experience.

While submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or a chance to be interviewed, you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. When you apply for jobs, make sure your proposal is well written and that you're absolutely qualified and certain of your ability to complete the job you're applying for.

You may want to check out the following freelancer resources to help you improve your profile, and increase your chances of getting noticed by clients:

Enhance Your Freelancer Profile for Greater Success

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

How to Create a Profile Intro Video

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Make Your Freelancer Profile More Visible & Appealing

How to Create a More Successful Portfolio

A How-To Guide for Your Profile Picture

~ AJ
Upwork
imsabin
Community Member

Annie Jane B  Thank you so much!!

kayshittle
Community Member

Dear Annie,

Thanks for your comment. I also fall into this category except that in my own case, I've only gotten an invite once (Which it wasn't sucessful)  ever since I have been on this beautiful platform.

Is there something I'm not doing right here?

Best regards,

datatraveler1
Community Member

Hi Reem,

Since you're asking for feedback, here's my two cents. To see how you might appear on the listings, try opening an incognito tab (aka 'private window') on your web browser and browsing Upwork anonymously as a client (looking for work talent).

Your work history seems impeccable (as you said it was). But there is something which stands out and that is at the very bottom of your profile in the work experience area. There are a number of sentences with noticeable spelling and syntax mistakes (e.g. "hoppy" instead of "hobby").

You may also be suffering from market saturation as I imagine there is a lot of competition in the translation space. If that's true, perhaps you can try focusing on a specialization (like the game translating in your work history).

Update

Even after narrowing the search to only english-arabic translators located in the Palestinian Territories there are many many freelancers at Top Rated. However, only a handful (less than 10) of your competition have the "offering consultation" checkbox. I would suggest adding that checkbox to your profile as soon as possible to differentiate yourself 👍

datatraveler1_0-1651711928981.png

See more at https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/4412279086099-Consultations-are-now-available-in-Projec...

Hang in there

Edit: Fixes

d6604739
Community Member

me tooo

😥

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members