🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why I get differnce between "Current Session"...
Page options
9f15e31c
Community Member

Why I get differnce between "Current Session" & "Time Reading" on my Time Tracker?

Hi All,

Being new to Upwork I could not get the reason why on my time tracker the time reader consider less works compared to my actual works.

Example (Screenshot Attached)

I worked for 5hrs 15mins - Currect Session

But It consider only 4hours 😞

A loss of 1hr & 15mins

Every day I loss atleast 45mins to 75mins

Please can someone help me on this.

Regards,

Jay

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Jaya Sankar G wrote:

Hi All,

Being new to Upwork I could not get the reason why on my time tracker the time reader consider less works compared to my actual works.

A loss of 1hr & 15mins

Take a look at your work diary. The tracker only "counts" segments with keyboard and / or mouse activity. It does not count inactive (no keyboard or mouse activity) segments. So if you are away from the computer or drawing on paper or whatever, that time is not recognized as active. You only get paid for segments with activity.

Also be aware that hours with too many "low activity" levels can be disputed by the client.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Jaya Sankar G wrote:

Hi All,

A loss of 1hr & 15mins

Take a look at your work diary. The tracker only "counts" segments with keyboard and / or mouse activity. It does not count inactive (no keyboard or mouse activity) segments. So if you are away from the computer or drawing on paper or whatever, that time is not recognized as active. You only get paid for segments with activity.

Also be aware that hours with too many "low activity" levels can be disputed by the client.

9f15e31c
Community Member

Thank You Petra for your reply.

Noted & I got it.

As my nature of job is alos involve calling so sometime I move out from my desk & talk while walking, Longer the call duration longer I away from my laptop.

I will try to improve this practice to minimize the gap.

Regards,

Jay

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members