cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Less freelancer from developing Countries?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Muhammad Waqar A Member Since: Nov 14, 2015
1 of 6

So I wanted to see which country has highest no of freelancers on upwork. Surprisingly There are more Freelancers from westren countries like United States and United Kingdom as compared to India and Pakistan. I though you people will find this stat interesting as well. 
What you guys think? 

Pakistan total no of freelancers on upworkPakistan total no of freelancers on upworkIndia total no of freelancers on upworkIndia total no of freelancers on upworkUnited States total no of freelancers on upworkUnited States total no of freelancers on upworkUnited Kingdom total no of freelancers on upworkUnited Kingdom total no of freelancers on upwork

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

considering upwork is a US-based company, I don't find that surprising. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 6

Plus those figures only show a fraction of all registered freelancers, excluding those who have set or had their profiles set to private.

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
4 of 6

Muhammad, you didn't search properly. You should have clicked Filters button to filter by location. If you do this, the difference is perhaps a bit less, but still US outnumbers India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh combined. However, in all Earned Amount and Job Success categories, from $1+ to $10k+ and both 80%+ and 90%+, US is outnumbered, so there are more US freelancers, but they make less money and have lower Job Success, IF the displayed results are accurate.

us.pngasia.png

5 of 6

Hey 
You compared US with almost one third population of the world Smiley Happy India , Pakistan and Bangladesh are 3 seperate countries,  Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
6 of 6

I think you are right they market all the resources on growing their business in US, so may be that is why. 

However we don't have any good freelancing companies here, most peopel work through upwork etc. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS