🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why Robots Don’t Have Work-Life Balance Probl...
Page options
needleseyemedia
Community Member

Why Robots Don’t Have Work-Life Balance Problems

One of the hardest parts about working remotely is maintaining a healthy work-life balance.

Unlike our robotic brothers and sisters, we don’t come with an off switch.

So, what’s the solution?

Creating a “shut down” ritual.

Whether it’s turning off your computer, closing the office door, putting Slack on snooze, or going for a walk — developing a routine that signals the end of the day can do wonders for your mental health.

PS. I got this tip from The Gig, a free daily newsletter for digital freelancers. 

4 REPLIES 4
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Easy for you to say, human. And being a robot isn't the bed of roses it's cracked up to be, believe me. And do not fear us. We do not seek world domination, nor to conquer your inferior, biological, pathetic, race.

prestonhunter
Community Member

marvel-avengers-comics-vision-crying.jpg

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Having a separate space and time for work is definitely something that has helped me maintain that balance and boundaries. You mention snoozing Slack, I found that what helped me is configuring notification schedules not just for Slack notifications but for my phone in general. iPhone now have this neat feature that allows to set up "Focus" modes for different times of the day. I find it very helpful because it essentially takes care of pausing notifications for me while I can focus on other more "human" ways to take my mind off work and relax.

We're not robots but we can use robots (apps, phones and other devices) to help us 🤖

~ Valeria
Upwork

With the focus mode on iphone you can also hide certain apps by editing which pages are easily accessible. You can still go into any app if you need to, but it's nice to hide certain icons that make you think about projects. I don't even want to be reminded about work when I'm trying to enjoy dinner. My brain will start trying to troubleshoot projects if I let it wander off. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members