🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why UPWORK is sending a REFUND to my CLIENT w...
Page options
sheryl_annd
Community Member

Why UPWORK is sending a REFUND to my CLIENT who is on a SUSPENDED status?

Why UPWORK is sending a REFUND to my CLIENT who is on a SUSPENDED status?

My client account is currently suspended because he said he hasnt paid upwork yet. Yesterday, he said that he will pay upwork. And this morning, I saw a refund being processed for the client when I worked for it. My client told me if he could just pay me through paypal and then retorted and said he will just send me a bonus through upwork once things get sorted out. And we both agreed the bonus on Upwork once things get settled thats just a meager of $56.39 so, I am okay with that.

he said he has a current dispute on going that Upwork cannot resolve. Can someone help me with this? I wonder how a refund is sent to a client without my knowledge and that is my only concern.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Sheryl Ann D wrote:

I wonder how a refund is sent to a client without my knowledge.

It means the client has not paid Upwork for your hours and your hours did not qualify for hourly protection (manual time for example) so Upwork took the money (that they never got) back.

Sheryl Ann D wrote:

. My client told me that he will just pay me through paypal? 

That would result in you being suspended too.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Sheryl Ann D wrote:

I wonder how a refund is sent to a client without my knowledge.

It means the client has not paid Upwork for your hours and your hours did not qualify for hourly protection (manual time for example) so Upwork took the money (that they never got) back.

Sheryl Ann D wrote:

. My client told me that he will just pay me through paypal? 

That would result in you being suspended too.

Sheryl... I know this is a frustrating situation. But Petra is quite correct about people getting suspended for PayPal payments. You don’t even want to discuss that with the client.

Freelancers literally have been suspended simply for discussing getting paid via PayPal.

I never get a client outside upwork for reason that its not secured and I am very grateful that Upwork covers the payment incase client failed to do so. 

I already spoke to my client and he said that he will sort things out and will send me a bonus through Upwork. I think he is having a difficult time with his collections. and I understand.

I now understand why Upwork made a refund without me knowing it after I made a call. My client is a good client and he will definitely send the bonus to Upwork soon.

Crossing fingers and hoping for the best. 

I definitely doesnt want that to happen. He agreed to pay me a bonus on Upwork once he sorted out his collections. He was my long time client and he is very nice and perhaps he just had an issue with his card or what have you but he promised that he will send me a bonus through Upwork and I am totally okay with that. Im sure he will be sending the bonus soon.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members