cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Upwork Treating Elancers As Second-class citizen?

outsourceupwork
Community Leader
Anil K Member Since: Dec 16, 2015
1 of 21

Today during client search, I stubble upon down below message from Upwork/Odesk during bidding on one job.

You do not meet all the client's preferred qualifications

You may still submit a proposal, but the client will see that the proposal does not meet the following criteria:

oDesk Hours: 100

I have migrated from Elance like many others and its complete unacceptable that Odesk discriminate between us and Odeskians.

Why Elancers not provided a level playing field ? Why Elancers are treated as Second-class citizen in Odesk ecosystem?

Uplift Upwork Visual Style : Add-on
Link Removed
saifprovider
Ace Contributor
Saif Ur R Member Since: Oct 7, 2015
2 of 21

People's frustrated & disappointed using Upwork/oDesk not satisfied and leaving we also wondering ...

we won't explain again about oDesk system everyone know about it low quality product and its not professional way to insist people join or move on upwork/oDesk but it should free will .

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 21

@Saif R wrote:

People's frustrated & disappointed using Upwork/oDesk not satisfied and leaving we also wondering ...

we won't explain again about oDesk system everyone know about it low quality product and its not professional way to insist people join or move on upwork/oDesk but it should free will .

Saif, Nobody forced you to join or move to Upwork, and with your nasty, negative attitude ("Desk system everyone know about it low quality product") it is probably better you leave and go somewhere else. You don't have to be here.

Rohan, you can still apply. Upwork is not discriminating against Elance freelancers at all, in fact at times the opposite seems to be true.

That CLIENT (not Upwork!) set a preference for freelancers to have worked 100 hours, but if you had done hourly contracts on Elance those would count EXACTLY the same.

Upwork freelancers with the same number of hours worked as you would be in the same situation so there is no discrimination at all.

You can still apply.

saifprovider
Ace Contributor
Saif Ur R Member Since: Oct 7, 2015
4 of 21

No Problem ,  but i disagree with you !!!

petra_r
Community Guru
5 of 21

@Saif R wrote:

No Problem ,  but i disagree with you !!!

You can't disagree with the fact that NOBODY forced you to work on Upwork. Nobody.

You don't like it, please just go elsewhere. Noone is standing next to you with a gun to your head.

Seriously, how incredibly unprofessional.

If you worked in an office would you run down the corridor screeching how horrible the company is and how you hate it?

You wouldn't?

So what, exactly, was it that made you think your ridiculous rant, which contained exactly zero helpful or useful information for the original poster, was in any way appropriate?

There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism. It's the best way to get things done. But just senseless rants only reflect badly on yourself.

premiermaps
Chris E Member Since: Oct 7, 2015
6 of 21

Petra,

I have to weigh in here and say how insulting and rude you are being. This is a discussion forum. If the OP has a concern, it should be discussed, not slammed.

ODesk/eLance/Upwork are freelance marketplaces. They only work if the providers and clients find in a good value proposition. I imagine UpWork is very interested in feedback from its providers AND clients, so it can be the best platform it can be. Telling providers and clients to "If you don't like it, leave." is (1) bullying and immature and (2) counter to the whole point of a feedback system, which in part, this forum is.

Please conduct yourself with some humanity and professionalism here. Otherwise you are directly creating a toxic environment.

screeler
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
7 of 21

@Chris

did you read Saif's comment? No? I'll refresh you. 

Should Petra have ignored that Saif implied that he and other Elancers were forced to be here? I didn't like the tone of his comment and what he said either. No one forced anyone to be here. There's plenty other platforms to perch on. 

If you think she was rude...... ? Well, I can't say anything else to you because you've already made up your mind. 

petra_r
Community Guru
8 of 21

@Chris E wrote:

Petra,

I have to weigh in here and say how insulting and rude you are being. This is a discussion forum. If the OP has a concern, it should be discussed, not slammed.

I didn't "slam" the OP's concern at all, in any way shape or form.

My issue was with Saif's attempt to hijack the OP's post with a rant that had nothing to do with the OP's concern in any way.

battershall-ramo
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
9 of 21

Happy talk, keep talking happy talk,
Talk about things you'd like to do,
You gotta have a dream, if you don't have a dream,
How you gonna have a dream come true?

Talk about a moon floating in de sky looking like a lily on a lake,
Talk about a bird learning how to flyMaking all the music he can make
Happy talk, keep talking' happy talk,Talk about things you'd like to do,
You gotta have a dream, if you don't have a dream,How you gonna have a dream come true?

Talk about a star looking like a toyPeeking through de branches of a tree,
Talk about a girl, talk about a boy,Counting all de ripples on de sea
Happy talk, keep talking happy talk,
Talk about things you'd like to do
You gotta have a dream, if you don't have a dream,How you gonna have a dream come true?

Talk about a boy saying to de girl: "Golly, baby, I'm a lucky cuss!"
Talk about a girl saying to de boy: "You an' me is lucky to be us!"
Happy talk, keep talking' happy talk,Talk about things you'd like to do,
If you don't talk happy and you never dream,Then you'll never have a dream come true.

petra_r
Community Guru
10 of 21

@Ramon B wrote:

Talk about a star looking like a toyPeeking through de branches of a tree,
Talk about a girl, talk about a boy,Counting all de ripples on de sea

Whatever you smoked for breakfast, Ramon, can I have some please?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS