🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why Upwork itself also reposting its own jobs...
Page options
gulzarullah
Community Member

Why Upwork itself also reposting its own jobs? To consume freelancers connects?

I am really frustrated by seeing alot of job postings from fake clients, yes fake clients with verified payment method and some history of few thousand dollars spent. Jobs are posted, hundreds of freelancers apply seeing it matching their skills, and then the same job is again posted although the other remains open for a month without any hiring. Hahh!! Upwork is using these tactics now to compel freelancers buy more and more connects so they can have some easy money? Even you can see job posts from Upwork renewed again and again or posted again although one same posting already open without any hiring. 

Already there are very few clients posting jobs as compared to the past and due to these tactics from Upwork, experienced freelancers are moving outside of Upwork to look for new jobs. 

8 REPLIES 8
arifzilane
Community Member

Hi Gulzar, 

Are you sure, this is doing Upwork own? I don't know actually. The main scenario is true. But didn't understand who are the spammers.  

gulzarullah
Community Member

Here are two same jobs posted by Upwork. One was two months ago still open with no hiring and the other just hours ago with littile modifications to the job description and role the same one. Here are the links to both: 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Upwork should also show the real bid count. We don't know if 50+ is 10k or 100 bids for a certain job. On a positive note, I am still seeing very good job posts from other clients but they are lost in between these fake postings and you couldn't really be able to differentiate between the two types.

759e32fa

Hi Gulzar,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked and can assure you that though they may look similar, they are for different roles/scopes of support. Rest assured as well that Upwork is not spamming the marketplace and may reuse the same job post in order to hire new freelancer/s for the same role. You can check the hire rate, it's 100%.

We also only show 1-5, 5-10, 10-20, 20-50 and 50+ proposals sent on the job posts and this can be seen when you scroll further down the job post.

I hope this clarifies things.

~ AJ
Upwork

I don't know what you noticed different in both roles but I just gave examples of these and there are dozens of such postings coming daily in my feed. Here is a screenshot of a client's open job of the same one posting all still open with no hire and Upwork has no issues with closing these because of CONNECTS business.  

I am not saying about 1 to 50 bids but please explain 50+ bids. A job posted 8 hours ago may have 1000 bids but you show it 50+ so anyone can waste their connects and get a place at the 1000+ number of applicants list where the client might get tired hovering his/her mouse arrow 🙂 
If you agree with me, I may use my further time in applying for jobs rather posting here.

Screenshot 2022-10-19 183056.png

I think that was a "bug test" job posting by Upwork. If not, I don't know what to say!

No Joseph, these ones were posted by a client on Upwork. The ones Upwork posted are removed due to community guidelines. It now says "**Edited for Community Guidelines**"

arifzilane
Community Member

OMG! 

gulzarullah
Community Member

Here is another posting being allowed to be posted every day just for consuming freelancers connects, 8% hire rate, 83 open jobs

gulzarullah_0-1671197349489.png

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members