🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why Upwork's chat support is reduced to a bot...
Page options
bhanu-sinha
Community Member

Why Upwork's chat support is reduced to a bot answering stupidly? Cost cutting at its best?

May I get an answer why the human chat support isn't available anymore? 

I asked the same over the Upwork support no one bothered to answer. 

I hope someone accountable will see and answer.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hello Bhanu,

I am sorry you're experiencing issues contacting support. We do have human chat support. A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team. We'll also be happy to assist you with your issues here.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
PradeepH

Hello Bhanu,

I am sorry you're experiencing issues contacting support. We do have human chat support. A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team. We'll also be happy to assist you with your issues here.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks Pradeep.

I have bee top rated for last 4 years & I used to resolve my issues using chats most of the time.

"Get Support" isn't available, I tried by typing after your reply & it worked.

Regards,
Bhanu Sinha
petra_r
Community Member

Bhanu S wrote:

May I get an answer why the human chat support isn't available anymore? 

Chat Support is a perk available to top rated freelancers. You're not top rated (anymore).

Bhanu S wrote:

I asked the same over the Upwork support no one bothered to answer. 

Why would you ask Support about Support, rather than what you actually want to ask? 

What do you need help with?

I am not top rated, still I am able to chat by typing Get Support in the BOT, as suggested in the reply above.

You are right, I am not TOP rated anymore, I wasn't aware. You know why?

I have been top rated for last 4 years.

I was unable to login from a new browser as I was not getting OTP. I wrote to support ( I didn't find the chat option ). In reply they suspended my account and asked to submit ID proof.

& I lost my TOP rated badge, due to account hold!!!

Awesome support!

Bhanu S wrote:
 I wrote to support ( I didn't find the chat option ). In reply they suspended my account and asked to submit ID proof.

If the ID verification has been completed, they'll be resolving the "recent account hold" as well. Just respond to the Support ticket you presumably already have regarding the matter?

Bhanu S wrote:
I am not top rated, still I am able to chat by typing Get Support in the BOT, as suggested in the reply above.!

Your whole post is about how you are NOT able to get chat-support. (The bot is not "chat support", it's a bot...)

Yes I did, they resolved the issue. Also I asked the question "Why chat support ( human) isn't available?". I didn't get reply so I am here.

Still I don't see the option for "Get Support" while chatting with the Bot.

I wasn't getting that option when I was top rated, when looking for support on the OTP issue.

If you get that option, please share a screenshot of the same.

I probably need to change my lenses!!!

Regards,
Bhanu Sinha

Bhanu S wrote:
I wasn't getting that option when I was top rated, when looking for support on the OTP issue.

If you get that option, please share a screenshot of the same.

chat.png

I asked for solution for my actual issue.
Also, I asked that question "Why chat option isn't available" in the same email.

& no one bothered to reply.

If I am TOP rated & if I don't see the chat to real person option. ( I think/thought I was at that time)

Whom should I contact?

Bhanu S wrote:
If I am TOP rated & if I don't see the chat to real person option. ( I think/thought I was at that time)

But you are not top rated, so you don't see the option.

I am top rated, and I do see the option.

Bhanu S wrote:

Well, now you know. It's not available because you're not top rated at the moment.

I hope your issue is resolved soon.

Thanks!

I can see that option, though not top-rated.

It wasn't available when I was top rated.🙃

screenshot.jpg

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members