cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Upwork website is so unreliable?

andrew8712
Andrey G Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
1 of 7

Why can't you guys to maintain it properly? I pay you $3,000 yearly and I think I deserve a good reliable service.

Take a look at History on https://status.upwork.com/. Issues appear almost daily!

andrew8712
2 of 7

I've been working through oDesk since 2012. It was quite good and stable before brand was changed to Upwork.

Basically, I have a very strong feeling that you hire the cheapest and the less experienced developers to maintain Upwork platform.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 7

Hi Andrey,

We apologize for the most recent service disruption. We take site stability seriously and continue doing what we can to provide this for you. It is our responsibility and we'll do what we can to achieve it.

Untitled
andrew8712
4 of 7

Vladimir,

I see such kind of messages all the time when something bad happens with Upwork. However, service disruptions continue happening. Your words don't correlate with what you're doing. Looks like you don't care much about providing a good service.

Who is responsible for the platform reliability? I'd be good to know his name. Do you have Head of Product position or something? Looks like that is his responsibility. And he's doing his job quite poor.

andrew8712
5 of 7

That sounds so awful. Vladimir, if that's true, quit this job, respect yourself.

sreckom
Ace Contributor
Srecko M Member Since: May 17, 2016
6 of 7

We are paying for a service and if that service is not fully delivered I think we deserve refund.

andrew8712
7 of 7

Here's our hero: https://www.upwork.com/blog/author/hbrown/

Hayden-Brown_SVP-of-Product-Design_Upwork.jpg

Hayden Brown, VP, Head of Product - Upwork

Hayden Brown is responsible for product development at Upwork, after previously overseeing the team’s marketplace product.

That explains many things. Her blog posts are very interesting to read, by the way. Especially the last one called Upwork’s 2016 Resolutions

Here's the most funny part of it:

Resolution #1: We will deliver a faster, more stable site

We resolve to deliver a highly professional site with the performance and stability you require to conduct and grow your business on our platform.

• We will reduce the severity and frequency of site outages dramatically.
  • We will address the remaining bugs with our messaging platform to ensure more reliable and seamless communication.
  • We will invest in improvements to make many key pages and experiences faster.

They are just laughing on us. And by Resolution #4: We will communicate better she meant to use words like "We apologize for the most recent service disruption. We take site stability seriously and continue doing what we can to provide this for you..." and other BS from Upwork Support.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS