🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why Upwrok Does not update all connects immed...
Page options
kaustav0120
Community Member

Why Upwrok Does not update all connects immediately?

Yes this 2nd time I find the same issue. I paid but does not reflect in my account immediately what I paid for. What kind of system is this? If I go to the market and paid for the things I get that immediately in my hand but here I am confused. I know there's a billing cycle but if someone want to have more and pay earlier for that then why that does not reflect in their account? Why should I wait for 2, 4 ,6 connects update after days interval? Is there some business rule here that you can get monthly to that limit only?

Can any senior or upwork moderator/staff help me to understand the process please?

Thank you,

Kaustav

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Yes this 2nd time I find the same issue. I paid but does not reflect in my account immediately what I paid for.

You bought an agency membership for $ 20 - and that does not come with any connects included, you have to buy those.

If I go to the market and paid for the things I get that immediately in my hand

Only things you actually bought...

Thank Petra for taking time to reply my doubts. "You bought an agency membership for $ 20 - and that does not come with any connects included, you have to buy those." Petra this is 2nd time I am paying $20. So every month I have to pay $20 as agency fee. Is it not for one time? Then how can I get connects for business? Do I have to pay more 10, 20 dollars. Thank you Koustav

Kaustav C wrote:
Thank Petra for taking time to reply my doubts. "You bought an agency membership for $ 20 - and that does not come with any connects included, you have to buy those." Petra this is 2nd time I am paying $20. So every month I have to pay $20 as agency fee. Is it not for one time? Then how can I get connects for business? Do I have to pay more 10, 20 dollars. Thank you Koustav

Yes, if you want to have an agency you have to pay $ 20 every month and then buy connects.

I am at a loss why you would have an agency in the first place when there is only you in it, and many clients will not hire agency freelancers anyway.

Why pay more than you have earned to run some solo-agency? It seems totally crazy.

Yes Petra that's what I am thinking now. Actually one of Upwork staffs called/message me suggested to take Agency. He said pay $20 and have more connects every month when renew so I took. I did not know I have to pay $20+ for getting business connects.

Is this any way to change it from Agency to Individual? I can't bear the cost in this competitive age.

Please suggest.

Thank you,

Kaustav

Kaustav C wrote:

Is this any way to change it from Agency to Individual? I can't bear the cost in this competitive age.

Just close your agency, it is ridiculous to have an agency at this point of your career and disingenuous of Upwork to push their agency model onto struggling newbies (or just about anyone, for that matter.)

Thanks for your suggestion Petra. Will they return $20 which I paid 3-4 days back as Agency Fee?

Kaustav C wrote:

Thanks for your suggestion Petra. Will they return $20 which I paid 3-4 days back as Agency Fee?

No

Hi Kaustav, 

I checked your ticket and can see that the Customer Support Agent has relayed correct information. At the time when you created and upgraded your Agency plan, you were still not moved to the paid Connects which is why he confirmed that you will have received Connects then. However, please know with the change to the paid Connects, Agency Plus accounts will not receive complimentary Connects, but will be able to purchase it at a value of $0.15 per connect. You may read more about it here.

If you wish to close your Agency account, let us know and our team will assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members