Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Upwrok doesn't correct it?

cclapper
Community Guru
Cathleen C Member Since: Aug 17, 2015
11 of 27

@Jean S wrote:

If you had ever worked on the client side you would know. It does not help you to be negative all the time even when you're told the truth.

You did not state you were a client and knew that the hidden folder had been removed. Check the other post from the person who didnt know it had been removed either. And just because something gets changed one day, doesnt mean it doesnt come back. Look at the bug that is showing clients names in freelancers accounts. Back again.

when upwork bans me because i have violated their terms in posting, then i will be gone. Until then, all people including me should be able to say what they want whether you agree or not. Smiley Happy There are plenty of people posting negative comments, yet you dont scold them. You seem to have some sort of personal vendetta against me.

phosphor
Ace Contributor
Jordan G Member Since: Aug 21, 2015
12 of 27

I reported this complete with Video evidence on August 26.

Upwork support did not reply to me till Sept 29 at which point they asked if I still experience the problems, I replied I do.  I was then told to produce more "evidence" (even though it was the exact same problem as I reported it originally).  When within two days I had not replied with the evidence they closed the ticket as being solved.

Upwork obviously has no desire to provide a properly working service.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
13 of 27

Report what?

There are no more hidden folders.

phosphor
Ace Contributor
14 of 27

What do you measn report what?

If I go to a job proposal page it will give a different number of applicants then the Job page.

the proposal page might say 10 applicants, but the job page will say maybe 6 or whatever.  To me these numbers should match, as how can you have 10 applicants but only 6 proposals?

You'll also notice if you open a job posting page from the proposal page that the job p[osting page will briefly flash the same number of proposals as applicants, but then it changes when the page is loaded.

Furthermore these numbers get even more interesting if you look at archived proposals, then for many you will see on the proposal page x applicants, however when navigating to the job postiong it will say proposals = interviews regardeless of how many applicants there actually where.  Ie if a job had 40 applicants but only 1 interview then the job posting page shows 1 proposal/1 Hire like in this screen - shot?

Screenshot_2015-10-25_11-13-06.png

To me this a clear indication of a buggy platform and has nothing to do with hidden folders or what not.

jsutherland
Community Guru
15 of 27

That picture is a month old.

jsutherland
Community Guru
16 of 27

This is what Valeria said way back in August.

valeria.jpg

phosphor
Ace Contributor
17 of 27

What does the age of the job posting matter?   It may be a month old, but the screen shot was just taken this morning.

Besides being a month old, there is no question of whether it is just a delay or is an actual bug.

jsutherland
Community Guru
18 of 27

It is not a bug.

Upwork implemented this quite some time ago and have now discontinued it.

natacharodriguez
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
19 of 27

The hidden folder hasn’t been removed yet http://screencast.com/t/6QlWOkvv

I have noticed that after declining candidates they are removed from the proposal list, this is new, it was not like this before.

weerap
Ace Contributor
Weera P Member Since: Sep 11, 2013
20 of 27

Natasha R

The hidden folder hasn’t been removed yet

http://screencast.com/t/6QlWOkvv

Less hope, less chance for new freelancers or the low JS!.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS