Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Upwrok doesn't correct it?

oquintela
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
21 of 27

I don't think this is a bug. For some reason, Upwork is engaged in a strange, persistent cleaning effort, that includes both new and old job postings. Examples:

• A job posted 8 days ago shows 73 applicants on the proposal page, and on the job posting page, 5 applicants  
  • A job posted 10 months ago shows 174 applicants on the proposal page, and on the job posting page, 0 applicants and 3 hires
  • A job posted on December 2013, shows 22 applicants on the proposal page, and 1 on the job post page

If you are logged out, the job posting page will also show different results - for the 1st example on my list, you'll be shown 48 proposals.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
22 of 27

I bid for a job, which I got. But when I went back to the job page, there was just one person (me), and the job was described as "by invitation only", which it wasn't. It was advertised publicly and there were a lot of bidders.

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
23 of 27

I often start off with a private job and then if no one appropriate replies then I open it up to public.

phosphor
Ace Contributor
Jordan G Member Since: Aug 21, 2015
24 of 27

"A job posted 8 days ago shows 73 applicants on the proposal page, and on the job posting page, 5 applicants  "

Just curious but if you check the number of interviews for this one is it 5?  As I mentioned in my earlier post on archived proposals it seems to show proposals = interviews, or if only 1 then proposals = hires.

oquintela
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
25 of 27

@Jordan G wrote:

"A job posted 8 days ago shows 73 applicants on the proposal page, and on the job posting page, 5 applicants  "

Just curious but if you check the number of interviews for this one is it 5?  As I mentioned in my earlier post on archived proposals it seems to show proposals = interviews, or if only 1 then proposals = hires.

No, there's no interviews; only 5 applicants. But I have already seen "proposals = interviews, or if only 1 then proposals = hires" several times.

david_gregory
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
26 of 27

I've noticed this a number of times as well. I would get an invitation and on the invite, there would be a large number of proposals but no where near that amount when I look at the actual job posting.

I like to see how many freelancers a client is inviting so I know if it's worth my time. If they've invited twenty or thirty freelancers, I am more inclined to give it a miss. But with this new bug, I can't see who initiated the contact for all of the proposals.

enterpriseswguru
Julia C Member Since: Oct 13, 2015
27 of 27

in our opinion, no matter what page you are at, the number of proposals (applicants) should be consistent. Otherwise, what is the point to have this number at all if it's not accurate?

Since we are on this topic, who else thinks it makes freelancers' lives easier to just list the # of proposals on the project search result page? (We will normally pass on the projects that already have over 20-30 proposals).

This really makes us miss Elance more - so easy to choose the project that suit you better. (see the screenshot below for the classic Elance project summary page)

elance_project_summary.png

By the way, where is the flag (indicating we already bid on the project) and country of the client (so we can target only certain clients)? aren't they very useful from a freelanceer's standpoint?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS