cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why a job is closed withoot being awarded to anyone?

Dorina L Member Since: Feb 14, 2014
1 of 4
Hello all, Just from curiosity, why a job is closed without being awarded to any freelancer? I am very confused, I do apply to a job, I see that someone has an interview (good for him/her) and next the job is closed but was not awarded. Sorry, I do not understand.
Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
2 of 4
There are a million reasons for this... just a coupe quick thoughts Found someone for the job through another freelance platform or locally Was not comfortable with any of the applicants Changed their mind about the project Discovered they really can't afford it (most clients here are new/very small entrepreneurs) Went drinking with their buddies and fergot the pwned a buznish :beer: *hiccup*
Community Guru
Jiang C Member Since: Dec 8, 2013
3 of 4
could be another reason. I got a couple of those. Not sure why they did that though.
Dorina L Member Since: Feb 14, 2014
4 of 4
There are good reasons why clients close projects, also I would add that is a practice to give to a freelancer the project outside Odesk and in this case the freelancer will not pay the Odesk fee. I wouldn't mind if a project was awarded to someone else, good for that freelancer, but when I see this kind of practice, I get really upset. Freelancers should pay the Odesk fee if they take advantage on Odesk services. But this is just an opinion, probably I will get used with this kind of situations.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS