🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why a payment after 15 days is still on pendi...
Page options
christelle-surin
Community Member

Why a payment after 15 days is still on pending?

Greetings,

I received a payment after 15days for a fixed price contract. Upwork said he paid me but it's still on pending. I would like to know when the payment will be available please??

Sincerely,
Christelle Surin
4 REPLIES 4
jaycrutcher
Community Member

Was it "in review" first?

No, because the client never review the project since I delivered it 15
days ago so Upwork just pay me after those 15days. But I'm wondering why
it's still on pending if Upwork texted me and announced that I've been paid
for that project.

So what happened is the project remained in review for 14 days because the client did not manually release it. It then moved into pending where it will stay for 5 days.

If you go to your Overview page and click on pending you should see the date it will become available.

JoanneP

Hi Christelle,

In addition to the information that Jarrad shared with you, please know that the client has 14 days from the most recent submission on a milestone to review and approve or request changes. If your client doesn't respond to any milestone submission within 14 days, the deposit is automatically released to you.

When your client releases a milestone or final payment on a fixed-price job, it immediately shows as pending on your financial account. Pending payments become available for you to withdraw after the standard five-day security period. You can check this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members