🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why account is suspended Edited
Page options
amlisouski
Community Member

Why account is suspended Edited

My worker created an account some time ago, passed validation with Personal ID and Invite him to the agency and sent a link to my client to hire him. Yesterday he got a message that his account is suspended. I read here that this can be solved, but so far no luck.
As result my reputation can be harmed, coz I already gave my client a link to profile which is blocked. My relationship with worker also under question - he can't work on UpWork, just because one of the admins was in a bad mood.
Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Andrei,

Unfortunately I can't share details for another user with you. I will reach out to you via PM with instructions you can share with your team member. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Andrei,

Unfortunately I can't share details for another user with you. I will reach out to you via PM with instructions you can share with your team member. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Andrei L wrote:
 he can't work on UpWork, just because one of the admins was in a bad mood.

No. Because that person violated Upwork's terms of service.

Considering that Upwork has way too many freelancers, getting rid of those who can't be bothered to stick to the rules is a great start on the way to weed out the surplus

Petra, sometime it worth to read full message not only last sentence 😉 We know the rules.

1. Why UpWork suspend previous account without ability to restore access?

2. Why UpWork allows to create duplicate account on the same email address instead of give an ability to restore it?

What about this? 

Andrei L wrote:

1. Why UpWork suspend previous account without ability to restore access?

2. Why UpWork allows to create duplicate account on the same email address instead of give an ability to restore it?

1. Oh, so not only was it a duplicate, it was a duplicate of a suspended account?

2. No idea, but it obviously worked to catch someone who is clearly breaking the rules and doing so knowingly (as you say "we know the rules..:")

lagonoy-maria_th
Community Member

Hi,

I experience the same. I have provided the valid documents like PASSPORT Id and everything. Follow the instructions provided then upter holding my account, now upwork made it suspended. 

I believe, all the things I've done since are updating my personal information. I did share my gmail address to my client via upwork messenger but Im sure that doesnt violate upwork. Does it? 

Can anyone advise? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths