🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Why am I not a Rising Talent yet?
Page options
528bbf23
Community Member

Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge even after completing other required criteria

Hello,I am a newbie to upwork joined this month (may 2020); completed my first job successfully and also passed the rising talent test with 5 score.when will the rising talent badge appear for new users .
Have a good day!!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,540 REPLIES 1,540

fast time, I failed the Upwork readiness test but after then I have passed several times. My question is...Will I get upwork rising talent badge?

Hi Md Farhad,

Please know that the Rising Talent program is designed for freelancers who don't have their Job Success Score yet. Once they receive their JSS, the freelancer can start working toward receiving the Top Rated badge.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello guys. I've been working on Upwork for several months now and I have earned more than $800 and everything with great reviews. Except one client that did not leave a review but wasn't because of something wrong, I think he forgot because he rehired me and left me a great review then.

When would I be a Rising Talent?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Hello Veronica,

To become a rising talent, you must: 

You may learn more about that here. Thank you!

Untitled

Hi Ryan. Thanks for your replay. But I’m sure I fulfill all the requirements. Can you help me with my concern? I would love to be a Rising Talent. 😞

Thank you.

Veronica, you can't be sure you fulfill all of the requirements, because "great" is a nebulous term. Plus, you don't know what private feedback your clients have left you, and 1/3 of your completed jobs have no feedback. 

That said, you probably shouldn't worry about rising talent, because as soon as you close one or two more jobs, you'll get JSS, and then your rising talent badge would disappear, anyway.

Thank you Tiffany! Yes I suppose you are right, but you know those bandages gives you like a more consolidate status in the freelancers community. But you are right. I’m on my way to new contracts 🙂

Thank you for your valuable response.

Regards,
Veronica

One more thing, Veronica...too many contracts with no feedback can hurt your score. You said that you think the client forgot to leave you feedback, which suggests that you closed the contract yourself. You should always try to get the client to close the contract, because when the client closes the contract, he or she is forced to leave feedback. If you close the contract, the client often won't bother to go back and leave feedback.

Yes. I finished that job and he did not close the contract. Months after I finished my work I close the contract, I didn’t know that no feedback can hurt my JSS. I’m sure that client doesn’t know much about How Upwork works. Maybe I should tell him to leave me a feedback!

Hello Upwork Community! I have discuss this issue here, but the answer was to wait to have more contracts completed, I have them now with great reviews.

Why am I not a Rising Talent or have already my JSS?

I can say that this has not been an impediment for me to get clients but I feel like a ghost. I would like to have this recognition 😞

The only thing that can play against me is that one client didn't leave a review a few months ago. But that was because he didn't know much about upwork platform at that time. 

Thanks in advance!

Hi Veronica,

Rising Talent status is awarded automatically once a freelancer meets the requirements that we shared earlier in the thread with you, and if you do not yet have the Rising Talent status then it means that not all of the requirements have yet been met. However, it looks like you will be getting a JSS very soon and then will be able to work towards Top Rated status.

~Nina

@Veronica A wrote:

Hello Upwork Community! I have discuss this issue here, but the answer was to wait to have more contracts completed, I have them now with great reviews.

Why am I not a Rising Talent or have already my JSS?

I can say that this has not been an impediment for me to get clients but I feel like a ghost. I would like to have this recognition 😞

The only thing that can play against me is that one client didn't leave a review a few months ago. But that was because he didn't know much about upwork platform at that time. 

Thanks in advance!

Veronica, I can personally appreciate your question; and it appears to be a valid one.  Upon examination of your Profile I'm not convinced that your English is "Fluent."  I do believe that you are more so than not.  However, the definition of "Fluent" is complete command of the language including perfect grammar. This may or may not have an impact on you achieving the statuses that you're inquiring about.  Hopefully that possible insight will be of assistance to you, Veronica.  That was my intention.       

I perfectly understand what you're saying. I know I get confused sometimes, and just for the record, it is not that I can't manage grammar, it is just that I write so fast and maybe some misspelling can go through. But my communication with all my clients has been great, I write and speak to them in english and there has never been a complaint from them. Actually I just noticed that my English level has been verified by Upwork, and as far as I know this only can happen when clients give Upwork a good feedback about it. 

Thanks for your reply!

duke97
Community Member

Why am I not getting the rising talent badge ? Completed 4 jobs stellar reviews and a good relationship .

petra_r
Community Member

Duke O wrote:
Why am I not getting the rising talent badge ? Completed 4 jobs stellar reviews and a good relationship .

Your first contract put a stop to that. (the client marked you down for skills and quality)

The next was a scammy "feedback for work" job and the last one looks like writing reviews, not product descriptions... 

The fourth is not closed and inactive.

"Rising Talent" status is supposed to be awarded to high quality freelancers capable of doing stellar work on decent contracts with quality clients.

Taking miniscule and highly questionable contracts is not the way to go.

Hi there:-)

The previous week I received a rising talent badge. I have completed 2 contracts and got 5-star reviews. But for some reason, the badge has been removed. I don't understand the reason.  Could you please help?

Here is my account link - https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~01fae5396898b7949d/

Hi Bablu,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You are on your way to get a Job Success Score, one of the requirements to earn and maintain Top Rated status. To get the Top Rated badge, you'll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello there, It's a few months I'm on Upwork and already complete 5 projects with 5 stars. Can you say when I will get Raising talent and what can I do to reduce that time? Thank you very much for your attention. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Davit,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. Looks like you're on your way to get a Job Success Score, one of the requirements to earn and maintain Top Rated status. To get the Top Rated badge, you'll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
davit_o
Community Member

Hi Bojan,  thank you very much for replying, your information was helpful for me. Today I passed Upwork Readiness Test and it seems I have all the requirements to get raising talent.

why rising talent badge disappears after JSS on profile ?

Hi Mian Hussain,

The Rising Talent badge is replaced with JSS score once a freelancer accumulated enough contracts and feedback for a Job Success Score to be calculated. This means that you're on your way to the Top Rated Program. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

HI there,

Can you please tell why am I not a rising talent yet? I have successfully completed 2 Jobs it should have moved to rising talent now.

Thanks, 

Hi Muhammad,

Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I also met all the requirements for a Rising talent badge, but haven't received it yet

Hi Muhammad,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements that you can find in this help article. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the badge. Once you qualify, you'll receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Veronica, 

You will be notified via email if you are eligible to be part of the Rising Talent program. As a reminder, we look at a variety of factors when determining whether to award Rising Talent status. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile upon submission, including prior experience and skills and your educational background, as well as the opportunities available in the market. 

~ Avery
Upwork
veroalana
Community Member

Thanks Avery. I don't know if Upwork can set up a revision for my profile. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong...

Let me know if there is anything else I can do. I really appreciate it. 

Regards.

Veronica

Hey Ryan,
Is there certain number of job that you have to complete in order to qualify for rising talent?

Hi Ben,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically added to your profile if you qualifiy to the requirements listed on this page. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have met all of those requirements for over two months.
Check my profile to see for yourself.

hello, Do i have to get a job done before i becoming a rising star?

Hi Christian,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have full fill all above points. but I have joined upwork since a week. 

Muhammad I wrote:
  • Deliver great results to your clients

I have full fill all above points. but I have joined upwork since a week. 

It generally requires flawless feedback on any jobs that have been completed.

I think that what Upwork says on this subject is misleading. It implies that the stated criteria are sufficiently precise for freelancers to know whether that have met them all and are eligible for RT status. But in fact some of the criteria given are not that precise. That's why we repeatedly get people saying "I've met all the stated criteria, so why haven't I got RT?"

ngstark
Community Member

how to adhere to upwork terms of service?

Hi Fateh,

Just in case you're confused, adhering to the Terms of Service simply means not do anything that would be considered a violation. You may want to check here to learn more about the TOS.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Makes you wonder if maybe it was private feedback that is holding you back?

Nahh.. I don't think so. My clients have been very satisfied with my work and the relationship between us while working has been great and very unerstanding! No complains at all.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths