🐈 Community
mashuk_elahi

Why am I not being able to get jobs?

I have been in upwork for quite sometime. I have done 2 jobs but it took me a lot of time to land those two. What am I doing wrong? What can I do to get hired more often? I have taken a few test and passed them with good scores.

6 REPLIES 6

@Mashuk E wrote:

I have been in upwork for quite sometime. I have done 2 jobs but it took me a lot of time to land those two. What am I doing wrong? What can I do to get hired more often? I have taken a few test and passed them with good scores.

I agree.  I was able to see your good scores, Mashuk.

Madam since you are an expert here, could you give me some tips that would help me in the future?

Mashuk - I would suggest making your profile more professional and less friendly.  Remove the whole first paragraph and the part where you say your name.  The clients see the first two lines of your profile - make them all about your skills.  "Adequate" is not a word I would use.  Lots of people are adequate; clients come to Upwork looking for professionals.

You should be selling your skills, not your personality.  Anyway, take this for what it's worth...

Thanks man

lysis10

Your English isn't anywhere near native and it's blatantly clear.

mashuk_elahi

Ok I have changed it to fluent. Is it okay now?
Learning Paths