🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why am I not getting hired , Is there any iss...
Page options
diptodesign1
Community Member

Why am I not getting hired , Is there any issue in my profile?

Why am I not getting hired, Is there any issue with my profile?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~017db09dc0d4b1ef47

Can I get any suggestions to grow and getting hired?

9 REPLIES 9
sullivanliz
Community Member

Hi Dipto, 

Here are my thoughts:

Your profile isn't bad, but it is a bit longwinded and some of the information is not relevant/provable. Also, parts of it don't make sense.

I would take out the bit about enjoying logo design so much you do it all day and all night, as it sounds unrealistic. The second paragraph doesn't make sense, so I'd get rid of it.

The third paragraph is better, I'd keep that and work on the formatting so it's easier to read. Also, the first two lists are fine.

I would get rid of the 'why choose me?' list (maybe keep the second item) as most of it is not relevant or provable (kindness, resilience etc) and some items are contradicted by the second review on your profile (over-delivering...)

The last paragraph and sign-off are fine. Your video looks quite nice but the skills part is a bit confusing, also I'm not sure you should have social media info in there (TOS). I might be wrong about that.

Hope this helps!

Liz

If I correction the bio little bit.. Will it near to a relevant bio that could be hireable?

Though, I have done the project on 2019.. It has been past away from now. Will that could be a problem for 2 years grap.

Dipto, let me be the bad guy and give you the bad news. Please don't shoot the messenger.

Your profile is dead. R.I.P. Dipto's Upwork business. Long live Dipto's new business (elsewhere)!

You have done two jobs according to your Upwork work history.

First one went horribly wrong and your client left a review which looks... well, just bad. The second one is ok, you did great!

Whatever you have in the portfolio (which looks not too bad!) doesn't really cover the mishap in the first project.

Because the first review LOOKS LIKE a lot of things were not finished and your reply just mentions it was "hard" no decent client on this platform will hire you.

Only those who aim to squeeze and extort you (and in the end, aka for refund) might reply your proposals.

By not removing that feedback by refunding the client in 2019 has cost you your entire future on this platform.

I'm afraid nobody will ever hire you as long as that first review is visible in your work history.

I'd suggest you forget you ever tried and move on. What you can do now, with all that learning from the past 2 years, is to go elsewhere and start over. Much better chance that way.

I don't see a way how you could make this work for you, given the track record.

Sorry to give you the obvious bad news. 😓

I agree with Mikko. This project might have been two years ago, but since you've only done two projects, it means that half of your clients have been dissatisfied. Clients who expect freelancers to create logos and drawings for little more than $3 each are awful clients, so you have my sympathy, but then you made things worse by saying that the project was too difficult. So now your profile is basically warning potential clients that you bid on projects that you're not capable of doing, you'll work for peanuts, you don't meet deadlines, and you don't provide quality work. It will be extremely difficult to get any further projects under these circumstances. I'm not sure if it's too late to give the client a full refund to get this review off of your profile, but it might be worth trying.

I was given a full refund to him.

SO, What should I do?Smiley Sad Is there any way to cover up this problem.

Dipto D wrote:

SO, What should I do?Smiley Sad Is there any way to cover up this problem.

I don't see a way forward. Sorry for being blunt. Spend your time on something else far more productive than doing these hoping-hoping things over here.

diptodesign1
Community Member

Why am I not getting hired, Is there any issue with my profile?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~017db09dc0d4b1ef47

Can I get any suggestions to grow and getting hired?
Though, I have done the project in 2019. It has been passed away from now. Will that could be a problem for 2 years duration.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths