🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why am I "shadowbanned?"
Page options
erpantaleon
Community Member

Why am I "shadowbanned?"

A prospect recently informed be that he could not hire me because my profile says that "This freelancer is not available for invitations or offers." WTF??

I started with oDesk, was absorbed into Upwork, and have more than 7,000 hours on the platform. I have consistently been a top-rated freelancer since I started.  Anybody have an idea why this is? Probably explains why my last several applications did not get any reply at all.

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Emmanuel,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you.

I can see that you have opened a ticket for this and our team will assist you further directly there. Feel free to share your client name or a job posting URL so that our team can investigate it further.

Rest assured, if it's needed our team will reach to your client and assist them further with hiring you. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you Goran. Any idea why the "This freelancer is not available... " is appeared on my profile? At least for that prospective client? I just want to prevent further instances of this, and also remove the possibility that this may be appearing in the applications I send. Thank you.

Hi Emmanuel, 

We are unable to confirm any information at this time as the team will need to investigate this on the client's end. Once your client has reached out to the Customer Support Team, they should be able to assist him with the issue.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members