cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are Accounts Suspended without any Evidence of Violation

Highlighted
Shelly - Ann P Member Since: Oct 18, 2015
1 of 17

I need someone from upwork to check on my account.

I'm LOGGED into my account talking with my client. Then out of no where I see a notice at the top that my account has been suspended.

None of my tickets have been flagged, and all these agent do is repeat whats in the document articles. What violation? WHERE? WHEN?

No one can provide answers to those questions, yet the system automatically withdraw all my active proposals.

Highlighted
2 of 17

I need someone from upwork to check on my account.

I'm LOGGED into my account talking with my client. Then out of no where I see a notice at the top that my account has been suspended.

None of my tickets have been flagged, and all these agent do is repeat whats in the document articles. What violation? WHERE? When?

No one can provide answers to those questions, yet the system automatically withdraw all my active proposals.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 17

Hi Shelly - Ann P,

I see you followed up on the ticket our team sent you a few hours ago regarding your account status. You haven't responded to the request the agent shared in that ticket and our team won't be able to resume your account without your confirmation of compliance.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 17

re: "It shouldn't be needed for anyone to think hard and guess why they were suspended. Upwork needs to give a clear reason when suspending accounts."

I agree.

The truth is, Upwork doesn't always reveal the reasons for an account suspension.

But in this case, the original poster received an email explaining the reason for the suspension, along with a relatively simple request to make a change and agree to refrain from violating the same policy in the future.

Of course those of us who are curious would like to hear the reason for the suspension, so that we may all learn from her experience. But if she chooses to not share that information, that is her perogative.

Highlighted
5 of 17

"But in this case, the original poster received an email explaining the reason for the suspension, along with a relatively simple request to make a change and agree to refrain from violating the same policy in the future.NO"

No I did not, I receive the same GENERAL email that others I posted about.

Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 17

Shelly: I hope things work out for you.

You have posted the content of the email message you received.

I don't know if it will eventually be removed from this thread, but as I can see it now, I'll weigh in with my opinion that it DOES have a fairly high degree of specificity. There are NUMEROUS reasons why Upwork may suspend an account, and this message really narrows it down.

I see that the message specifies a few variants of the specific policy in question, and you are clearly frustrated that you don't know WHICH variant you are being accused of.

I'm not sure how important that is at this juncture.

As far as I can tell, you're really only being asked to confirm that you won't violate this policy in the future. It isn't necessary for you to know precisely which variant of the policy you are being accused of violating. Go ahead and affirm that you won't violate the policy in the future, and Upwork will restore your account to normal status.

Highlighted
7 of 17

"

I see that the message specifies a few variants of the specific policy in question, and you are clearly frustrated that you don't know WHICH variant you are being accused of.

I'm not sure how important that is at this juncture.

As far as I can tell, you're really only being asked to confirm that you won't violate this policy in the future. It isn't necessary for you to know precisely which variant of the policy you are being accused of violating. Go ahead and affirm that you won't violate the policy in the future, and Upwork will restore your account to normal status".

My post from CS was removed, I posted it because you ask for details.

In any case, what you and Upwork is saying ...don't makes much sense to me. Its like the cops turning up at my door charging me for murder, and I should just say "ok officer, lets go".

This is crazy, at least say...policy XYZ section P or something along those lines.

Highlighted
8 of 17

Now that I have replied, when you I expect my account to be back to normal.

My feedback score was 98%, now you people drop it to 89%. This is ridiculous!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 17

@Shelly - Ann P wrote:

1) Now that I have replied, when you I expect my account to be back to normal.

2) My feedback score was 98%, now you people drop it to 89%. This is ridiculous!

1) I would give it 24 to 48 hours.

2) the two are probably unrelated, as the JSS updated on Sunday so whatever caused it to drop (likely private feedback from a client) happened Saturday or earlier.

Did you have any falling out with any client lately?

you still have not updated your profile picture... Are you trying to get suspended again?

Highlighted
Community Guru
10 of 17

Shelly:

We can't help you unless you provide more information.

Think of the top three most likely reasons that your account was suspended. Think hard and tell us details about what you did that may have triggered this action. Don't leave out any details. The more information you provide, the more likely it is that we will be able to provide context, understanding, and perhaps a resolution.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS