cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are Accounts Suspended without any Evidence of Violation

Highlighted
Shelly - Ann P Member Since: Oct 18, 2015
11 of 17

I did not do anything. I logged in for like 5mins talking with a client. Then out of nowhere I see the banner at the top.

The system did not log me out, in fact, I'm still logged in talking with my client.

My experience with Upwork is that it is not stable, so I initially thought...oh here we go again, Upwork is acting up.

But it has withdrawn all my proposal, none of my tickets with support has been flagged, and no one can say...'right here is where you did that'.

On several occasions I can't scroll my messages for days, or my personal client gets displayed under an agency (I'm not the owner of this agency). They have even deleted entire conversations I had with clients.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
12 of 17

You should think harder and try to list reasons that could be why you were suspended.

I can see one reason right now: your profile photo is in violation of Upwork photo standards. That alone could be the reason you were suspended.

If you set your profile to public, we can look at it and brainstorm some other reasons.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Alexandru I Member Since: Apr 5, 2016
13 of 17

It shouldn't be needed for anyone to think hard and guess why they were suspended.

Upwork needs to give a clear reason when suspending accounts.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
14 of 17

I don't want to be snarky but you are also breaking policy by posting this email from CS.  It will be deleted soon if you don't delete it. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
15 of 17

That message means that someone (most likely a client or potential client) has reported you for being rude and / or discriminatory (making discriminatory or offensive remarks, threats, profanity, or vulgarity, ) in some way, and provided proof.

You have been asked to confirm that you will mind your language going forward.

Simply do so and your account will be resumed. They will NOT show you what proof they were given, or tell you who reported you, but someone did report you with supporting evidence.

Whilst you are at it change your profile picture to one that conforms with the rules or you will head straight for the next problem.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
16 of 17

@Shelly - Ann P wrote:

as you have been flagged for making discriminatory or offensive remarks, threats, profanity, or vulgarity, which is against Upwork policy

This seems somehow more specific than a general message to me. Now what they are talking about, I obviously have no idea. Hopefully you do.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
17 of 17

re: " Its like the cops turning up at my door charging me for murder, and I should just say "ok officer, lets go"."

It is ACTUALLY like you were at the library and you were talking to a friend and you guys just kind of got carried away a bit and were too loud, without meaning to do anything wrong. And the librarian came by and said that if you can't keep the volume down you'll have to leave.

All you need to do is say sorry about that, you'll be quiet. And the librarian will leave you alone.

That's it. I don't think you intentionally did anything wrong. A client could easily have misheard you or misinterpreted you. Nobody is accusing you of murder, so don't make a federal case out of this.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS