🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why are Upwork techs simply putting tickets "...
Page options
ericaandrews
Community Member

Why are Upwork techs simply putting tickets "on hold" (shelving them) & not fixing problems?

Can any of the moderators explain to me the recent pattern I have seen of Upwork technicians getting tickets, not resolving the problems, and simply placing them "on hold" (shelving them) them indefinitely to avoid actually fixing the problem?  What I am seeing here is nothing short of unprofessional.  I've had 2 serious issues for which 'tickets' were created, only to have them "Placed on hold" so they don't have to deal with them anymore with nobody bothering to actually FIX the problem

I have 2 tickets that have been simply 'shelved' with no resolution:

Ticket 34329003  - from Mid-March regarding my Work Diary 'summary' hours and dollar amounts reflecting a different total than what I actually logged in my work diary (looking like a possible 'over charge' to my client).  This ticket was placed "on hold' March 19th, and I haven't heard a thing since.  It's just been abadoned and nobody bothered to fix the problem or find out what CAUSED it.  It just got 'tabled' like legilation in Congress

Ticket 30184576 - I am unable to close 2 contracts because the system tells me the client never paid anything and says if I close the contract I will be issuing a $0.00 'refund'.   This ticket has been open about 2 weeks and was SHELVED and 'placed on hold' last Monday.  I haven't heard anything since.  This particular issue has been reported by MULTIPLE freelancers since at least February or March, However, Upwork has not bothered to issue a system patch to FIX the issue....in 2-3 months.  Seriously?  C'mon.  Being able to OPEN and CLOSE contracts are part of the BASIC features the platform is supposed to offer at all times.  If people can't CLOSE contracts, I would think that would go straight to the top of your PRIORITY list above adding all these new 'features'.  Fix the BUGS first, please.

This is an absolutely unacceptable level of 'customer service' from the Upwork technicians.  Tickets are created to be WORKED, fixed, and CLOSED....not to simply be "filed away" because nobody feels like fixing the issue. 

Why are Upwork technicians simply placing tickets "on hold" and SHELVING them and refusing to work on and PATCH bugs and problems being reported by users??? Simply "sweeping" problems under the rug and pretending they don't exist doesn't actually make them "go away"

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi CJ, 

I'm sorry if this has inconvenienced you in any way. When tickets are put on hold, teams involved investigate the issue. Depending on the severity and type of the issue, several teams may be pulled-in to help assist or shed light on the problem. Once we have more information we can share such as a workaround, or the issue has been resolved. 

Rest assured the team is working on your issues and the Customer Support Team will update your ticket one they have more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
geri_kol
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I have observed a similar pattern as CJ outlined. Currently I have two pending unresolved tickets, one of which has been open since mid-April. I stopped receiving updates on it about two weeks ago and my most recent follow-up went unanswered.

Most companies have internal performance metrics, whereby employees/contractors are responsible for delivering on whatever their remit or task is within a certain timeframe. Is that not the case for Upwork's technical teams? Do they have license to just leave open tickets pending, shelved, filed away, and unresolved for an indefinite amount of time? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members