🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why are all these skills missing from the ski...
Page options
renata101
Community Member

Why are all these skills missing from the skills options?

I've been looking at the skills selection recently, and I'm curious to know whether others have noticed similar issues.

When I go into the edit option and type a few of the skills I actually use into the search to see what's available, it looks like the ones I normally use are no longer there. Some notable skills related to my line of work that appear to be missing are as follows:

Technical editing
Copy editing
Academic editing
Editing

Proofreading is also missing, but Proofreading Feedback, something I've never heard of, is now available.  And when I type in "Latex," the name of a publishing system that's popular with people in STEM fields, the only suggestion I see is "Latex Paint."

What's going on? And could this be related to the lack of (non-scam) job invitations many people I know have been observing?

I know the job categories have changed. Has this also been "updated"?

2 REPLIES 2
LuiggiR

Hi Renata,

I checked your profile and I can see that the skills you've mentioned are actually there. I also tried adding those same skills to my own profile and I'm able to. Have you tried checking from a different browser or the mobile app? Would you mind sharing a screenshot of what it looks like on your end?

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi,

Thanks for checking into this.

I think I see what's going on. The search feature won't include a keyword in the list of available options if you've already selected it. I was worried that not seeing it on the search meant that if I removed it, I might not be able to add it again. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members