Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are clients getting reluctant to pay fairly

rolludesig
Community Guru
Rahul V Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1 of 5

i dont know why but in 3 of my recent invitations i have noticed that clients are not ready to pay fairly..dont know why clients dont understand we also have expenses which has to be taken care off.

all the 3 interviews were very much going fine till we had discussion of the price...cant clients notice my hourly rate and previous jobs prices from my profile before inviting:( 

shihab0915
Community Guru
Shihab-Ul H Member Since: Aug 20, 2016
2 of 5

There are many reasons for it but I can figure it out according to my experience two things. Number one: Few of the potential clients's first priority is CHEAP, not quality. Number two: Many of the freelancers are working with too much low rate which is not enough for living, they just need to add one more work history to their profile.

I don't know, all the clients are checking our hourly rates or not before sending invitations or might be they thinking these rates are just a placeholder!

rolludesig
Community Guru
Rahul V Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3 of 5

yeah totally agree but thing that is frustrating is for clients each and every job is simple & it takes one hour to complete that whatever the requirments are

shihab0915
Community Guru
Shihab-Ul H Member Since: Aug 20, 2016
4 of 5

Yes, its frustrating for client's also but only then, when freelancers got failed to achieve client's goal. And these types of clients are reserved few back-ups. For example, they generally hire more than one/two/three freelancers for the same project which budget was $5 or something like that. If the client hire 3 freelancers then the total expenditure will be $15 and if one of them can fulfill his/her requirements then it will be fine to him/her. We may assume it like a Gambling! 

On the otherhand, if the client want to hire a freelancer without taking any risk for his/her project, then obviously he/she have to hire a well-rounded freelancer with a cost of $100/120 instead of $15/something like that, and who has capability to meet client's deadline.

You may already have seen few project's titles like- 'Very Urgent' or something like that, we may assume, this potential client already expended much time with gambling(not for all cases) & for this case, no luck!

dreddurius
Ace Contributor
Michael P Member Since: Jun 1, 2015
5 of 5
  • Clients low-ball. And it's within their rights.
  • Clients don't care if contractor is starving.
  • If things don't work out then move on.

(post edited due to copy/paste error while sending email in another window)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS