🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Why are clients not accepting my proposal...
Page options
roseliboon
Community Member

Why are clients not accepting my proposal?

I joined Upwork years ago but quit after a few months due to an offline job offer I wanted to pursue. Just last month I tried applying again. I've sent out more than 40 job proposals already and got hired three times. While I am thankful for the job I have, I was wondering why don't I get interviewed for the other jobs I applied for. I am always applying for data entry and excel related jobs, mostly fixed-price. I always make my cover letter appropriate for the job requirement.

I understand that there are a lot of freelancers in Upwork and the chances of getting hired are slim. What I don't understand is why don't I get interviewed? I applied for a job that requires 99 freelancers. I figured I will have higher chances of getting hired. It had 20-50 applicants and the client interviewed 41 applicants, hired about 8 then closed the job. Is there something wrong with my profile? I hope you can help me. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
sjbercot
Community Member

I can't see your profile because it's not public so I can't comment on that, but I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about clients that don't hire you. This client may not have even been looking for that many freelancers, but thought that a high number would increase the number of applications, so they never even looked at your proposal. Maybe you were in the wrong time zone but the client didn't specify it. Maybe they had a budget change and couldn't afford as many contractors. Maybe they only hire under a certain rate. There are a number of reasons each client doesn't hire a specific freelancer, and it's can really waste your time to worry too much about it.

Just focus on applying for jobs your great at, have an informative and clear profile with portfolio samples, and craft good proposals. Then send them and forget about them. Honestly, a few jobs in the last month in your category seems pretty good for someone just starting back up! 

Thanks for the reply. I just want to make sure I am not doing anything wrong. I currently have an offline job. Would that affect their decision?

Anyway, I've already set my profile to public just in case you have time to check.

a client hired me on work that deal with online research and i couldn't get the result on Google search . what can i do?
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members