cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Connal, ODesk uses UTC

Tyler A Member Since: Oct 31, 2017
31 of 73

Here's what amazes me, the service holds payments for no **bleep** reason and charges 20% when getting started. Is this supposed to entice people to come here? Then there are the restrictions on what you can apply to. I've nearly 7 years experience, does that matter since I've not spent that time solely on upwork, nope. I've only taken on roughly 3-4 projects from this site because of the rapeage and idiotic payment hostage taking. If I do the work, I get paid in contract work the day my invoice is sent. Any client tries to pull what you guys do, they'd never get the files. 

A joke. A really bad joke. 

Stu S Member Since: Sep 10, 2018
32 of 73

Then maybe you would know why I have this.

Hourly Contract
08/27/2018-09/02/2018
Pending 9/12/2018
How does that fit in the model you articulated?

Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
33 of 73
Hi Mehrez, the pending payments will become available on the date shown next to them on the Transactions page. The time frame is different for fixed and hourly jobs. It takes 6 days after the client sends payment to oDesk for fixed price jobs and 10 days for the hourly payments to become available for withdrawal. Please find details in the Weekly Pay Schedule. Also please note that if you work on a fixed price contract, the client "pays" and you still don't see a date on which they will become available on the Transactions page, this means that oDesk hasn't actually received payment yet from their payment method. Usually the date shows up within a day unless the payment method fails.
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Connal D Member Since: Sep 4, 2013
34 of 73
It said last week my next payment is today. And it still isn't available, i was wondering do i have to wait for the exact hour i was recieved the money? Thanks! Connal
Highlighted
35 of 73
Hi Connal, ODesk uses UTC to calculate time for work diary and security periods etc. Give it a few hours, depending on your own timezone, the payments will become available according to UTC time.
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Johnny A Member Since: Jun 14, 2011
36 of 73
Just by looking at the OP's profile, it shows he is in Dublin, which is in line with UTC! Te he...maybe tomorrow or the next day bro.
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
37 of 73
Just a technicality but it may have caught you out Conal, but Ireland and Britain are in BST at the moment, which is actually UCT+1, although this doesn't reflect in the profile. It means that things tick over at 1AM our time, not midnight.
Charles Mark Linn L Member Since: Aug 27, 2013
38 of 73
Hi, I just received a payment from the client and it' still pending, I understand that I have to wait 6 days for it to be available. I dont see any available date next to it, what I see is Schedule plus your weekly payment schedule, is that what you mean by available date? Thanks!
39 of 73
Hi Charles, If it's a fixed price payment, the Available on date will show once oDesk has actually received payment from your client. It may take a day or so for the date to show up. If it takes longer than that. then it may mean there's some payment related issue. Hope this clarifies things for you.
priscilla s Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
40 of 73

Hi,

I have requested payment. I clicked "GET PAID" already. I just want to know how long would it take to know if it's already sent in my bank account? I hope someone will answer me. Thank you.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS