cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my Earnings still pending

Vaval W Member Since: Aug 28, 2015
11 of 73

I have the same problem but today is Friday that mean 5 day after the week was closed and it does not say pending or available it says in review>. How long does that review period takes?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 73

it will move to "pending" when the review period ends tonight at midnight UTC

It will be available to withdraw on Wednesday.

@vaval W wrote:

I have the same problem but today is Friday that mean 5 day after the week was closed and it does not say pending or available it says in review>. How long does that review period takes?

Martin S Member Since: Oct 16, 2016
13 of 73
If you do the work, and the client has prepaid, and they're satisfied with the work, why is there anyone waiting period at all?
Domokos V Member Since: Feb 7, 2012
14 of 73
In this case we have 2 problem. 1. technichal - We live in a world where payments are made in seconds (paypal) or bank transfer (1 day), so that's why people don't like the 6 day thing - we are not in ninties. For example my client sent the payment via PayPal to Odesk and it will take 6 days until they let me withdraw than until it arrives in my account I have to wait another few days.BTW. Elance is faster 2. communication - when people see the "pending"world, they ask themselves, did the client payed me or not. They could write "payed, pending" or put an icon with an explicative text or a link to the status of payment. There are websites, where you never have questions, like google or apple which are made logical. They don't need a "how to use this website" page. And there are other issues here, most people hate financial infos, so they skip it, you love so that's your problem. Also some people work on more freelance websites so they can't memorize all the nonsense banking stuff. The payments are also very low, so people have to bid a lot, work a lot to make a living, there is not time...
Mac Lester T Member Since: Mar 31, 2018
15 of 73

Totally agree with you. In other words, Upwork is not a user friendly platform for newbies. Their instructions on FAQs are very confusing and not organize. It's like they are making it complicated.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
16 of 73

Hi Mac Lester,

I'm sorry you feel this way, our goal is to make it as easy as possible for new users to create an account and start using our platform, while retaining a high level of security and quality of our marketplace. If you found our Help articles confusing please check the resources we compiled here and let us know if you have any questions afterwards.

I'm aware of your dissatisfaction with the payment processing time frame on Upwork and while we understand your frustration and value your feedback, note that we don't plan to change the Escrow release timeline you mentioned in your other post. Also, please refer to our Community Guidelines and refrain from reposting the same comment, since this practice is not allowed in the forums.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
17 of 73

@Vladimir G wrote:

I'm aware of your dissatisfaction with the payment processing time frame on Upwork and while we understand your frustration and value your feedback, note that we don't plan to change the Escrow release timeline you mentioned in your other post.

Vlad, you guys are like a ping pong ball on this issue...for a while you're testing, then you have no plans to change, then one of us says you tested and came back and said you have no plans to change and a mod jumps in to say you're still testing...which is it? Have you decided not to change for the foreseeable future, or are you still testing possibilities?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
18 of 73

@Tiffany S wrote:

... note that we don't plan to change the Escrow release timeline you mentioned in your other post.

Vlad, you guys are like a ping pong ball on this issue...f

Tiffany, we are probably all "confused" again Smiley Wink

Hugh John L Member Since: Apr 13, 2014
19 of 73
If you type in "pending earnings odesk" in Google, this is actually the answer that comes up first and it is a lot faster than looking through the help files to find the answers on oDesk. So you shouldn't complain about someone asking a question that already has an answer available somewhere. Most likely, he wasn't able to find the answer easily and that is why he asked. Now this exact thread has priority over any other match for these keywords, so your time was not wasted ;-)
Aayush A Member Since: Jan 22, 2015
20 of 73

Solved my question. Thanks!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS