cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my Earnings still pending

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
51 of 73

Hi Samira,

You don't have to withdraw your available funds right away. However, Upwork can't keep your funds indefinitely and the they will be sent to you either according to your payment schedule or 180 days after they become available.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Aniruddh J Member Since: Mar 29, 2016
52 of 73

May I know the reason why you keep released funds for 6 days? I really enjoyed working on Elance, they never had these roadblocks. 

Samira G Member Since: Dec 15, 2015
53 of 73
Thank you Valeria.
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
54 of 73

I don't know where Samira lives, but for any contractor who lives in the United States, where you can withdraw funds for free, there is absolutely no reason to leave funds in your Upwork account.

Withdraw your earnings as soon as possible.

Upwork can make your funds unavailable at any time, due to a glitch in its system or perceived offense to it's automated algorithms or problems with a client's account. These things happen rarely, but they do happen. Your money is safe In your own bank account. I withdraw all money immediately.

Swati S Member Since: Apr 18, 2016
55 of 73

I am new on this website. I worked for a client, he rated me 5 star and it was my first project here.

He made the payment that we agreeded initially on March 18, 2016.

Payment was pending from last 30 days.

And this is the message that I got from them - 

"Please know that we are in communication with your client. Once your client issues have been resolved, your account will be eligible for reactivation and withdrawal of funds."

If they had the issues with client's account why did they let him post the project. Now I am not in contact with client.

I am wondering what if he doesn't resolve his so called "issues". Then why did I spent so many efforts on his project if upwork couldn't ensure the payment.

It seems lika a case of cheating to me. They are holding the money paid by the client. They are earning the interest on the money that they are upholding. 

Let me know if anyone else also facing such issue.

How can it be resolved?

Help me someone.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
56 of 73

Hi Swati,

I see there is an open ticket about your account suspension with additional information. I followed up with the team and they will be updating your as soon as possible. Please, use the ticket to communicate with the team as we will not be able to share details here in the Community.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
ZEESHAN K Member Since: Jun 3, 2016
57 of 73

Hi Swati,

Please share with us if your payment issues got resolved, how much time it took to receive the payments and also the details of the problems that you faced with the support people in the process. This is a really alarming situation on upwork's part.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
58 of 73

Hi ZEESHAN,

I checked you account and don't see any issues with the payment you released to your freelancer today. Let me know if you need further assistance and please go to the contract in question and leave feedback for your freelancer, who already ended the contract.

Thanks.

Aniruddh J Member Since: Mar 29, 2016
59 of 73

I think Upwork is unaware of guidelines by Reserve Bank of India. PayPal had to follow it and Upwork will have to follow it, too.

This security period on Fixed Payments is unjustifiable. I see no reason for this 6 day hold.

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
60 of 73

Upwork is not a financial institution of any sort. The holding period is to ensure payments etc. are not made fraudulently. It is a security safeguard. Upwork is not bound by any particular banking laws or practices. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS