cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are so many job requests open for so long ?

Trevor L Member Since: Jun 25, 2014
1 of 8
I am relatively new to Odesk and have been bidding for many jobs. What amazes me is the number of job requests that are left open or not assigned to any freelancer. If I take the 50 odd jobs I have bid for, perhaps 3 have been assigned to another freelancer. Why would so many jobs remain open ?
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
2 of 8
Hi Trevor. Welcome. I know what you mean about jobs being left open. I think some clients forget that they've even posted the job or even change their mind, but don't inform the freelancers or close the ad. Other clients do not intend to start the role immediately but still advertise. I also know of clients who intended to start but then found that they don't have the budget. There could be a billion reasons really. It can be a little annoying when you know that you've sent an application, but there's no response.
3 of 8
I appreciate your feedback.....
Madalina-Stefania N Member Since: Jun 25, 2014
4 of 8
But there are job posts from 2012 still open. It's funny that oDesk allows that. How much do you think they would pay an hour for a freelancer to close them down? Smiley Very Happy
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
5 of 8
No problem, Trevor. Madalina, that's funny.
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
6 of 8
and yet the mad robots are quick to jump in on open contracts and unilaterally pause them after a month or two with no request from client or freelancer, passing the blame and saying that the client has paused the contract, when in truth the client knows nothing about it...
7 of 8
Frustrating for all of us...
8 of 8
good point - I am also using Elance and finding that the problem there is not as bad as Odesk
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS