🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why aren't users with 0 $ earned hidden?
Page options
filip_knezevic
Community Member

Why aren't users with 0 $ earned hidden?

I don't understand this. 

If you are an established freelancer and you don't earn anything for a month, your profile will be hidden so that active freelancers can pop up more in searches. That's perfectly fine. 

So why don't these same rules apply to the freelancers that never earned a dime? 

If you select search freelancers, and search per some technology or craft, you will see 0 $ earning freelancers on the first page. 

I bet there is far more freelancers that never earned a single dollar than those that did, but didn't earn in the past month.

Obviously hiding those that never earned anything would significantly improve chances of being seen, thus would have better effect.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Filip,

Just to confirm that the feature you`re referring to applies to all freelancers on our platform. To learn more about this program check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Filip K wrote:

I don't understand this. 

If you are an established freelancer and you don't earn anything for a month, your profile will be hidden so that active freelancers can pop up more in searches. That's perfectly fine. 

So why don't these same rules apply to the freelancers that never earned a dime? 

If you select search freelancers, and search per some technology or craft, you will see 0 $ earning freelancers on the first page. 

I bet there is far more freelancers that never earned a single dollar than those that did, but didn't earn in the past month.

Obviously hiding those that never earned anything would significantly improve chances of being seen, thus would have better effect.

You are funny. Of course the freelancers without earnings are also hidden by the same procedure that applies to all the other hidden profiles... You only see them because it hasn't hit them yet. 

It never occured to me. 

So you are saying all those users are completely new freelancers that aren't included by the one-month-no-earn period?

Hi Filip,

Just to confirm that the feature you`re referring to applies to all freelancers on our platform. To learn more about this program check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks, Goran.

Never occurred to me that all those users are freshly registered. 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths