cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can I neither edit my memos nor add manual time to last week?

petra_r
Community Guru

What the .....???

I always edit my activity codes Monday am UTC prior to the the deadline of noon UTC.

WHY IS THERE NO EDIT BUTTON?

I can not edit a thing. 

(Do. NOT. Suggest. Clearing. Cache. Or. Cookies, and I have tried all browsers and even iPad.)

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Petra,

We just started getting reports about this, i`m making a report from affected users now and will post an update here later on. 
Do you want me to add something?

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
n_zets
Active

It's Monday 10:50 UTC, but I already can't edit my weekly timesheet.  I don't understand why.  Is it a bug?

Hi Natalia,

Are you referring the work diary with last week hours?
Usually around this time the work diary gets locked down to make the final updates before submitting to your client for a review. But i will check this with our team, and one of our team members will contact you directly.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

Mine too.. I usually log my hours 1 hour before the closing but unfortunately and to my surprise, I wasnt able to  log the hours today though I made it 3 hours earlier. Hope this will be resolved soon. 

Thank you. 

Marie

Hi  Goran,

Yes, I mean the work diary with last week hours. 

It is usually available for editing/reviewing till Monday 12 pm by UTC. But today it became unavailable 1.5 hour earlier.

That is not a typical situation, I often use these few hours for work review and have never had this problem before.

g_vasilevski
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Petra,

We just started getting reports about this, i`m making a report from affected users now and will post an update here later on. 
Do you want me to add something?

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran, but as presumably you won't want to edit 40 hours worth of activity codes for me there isn't much you can do other than put up with me being in a really bad mood for the rest of the day.

NOT funny. 

Unless itnis fixed in the next few minutes it's a real issue.

YES, I should know better than to leave it this late of course.... but.... 

I have just joined upwork because it is more secure that other platforms.I love upwork.Please help me , I was working with a client in hourly payment. Now the client is asking us for more work that is not mentioned in the job I am mentally sick because of  the client . He now askes for 50 website development in one day. I have successfully completed half of his work . He has tremendiously increased the work load . I researched and found that i need to edit the memos . I went to work diary and started editing those but i am unable to add memo for all screenshot.I again researched and found that we need to do it before week ends or something like that. Now I think all my hardwork are going to go wasted . I completed half work ,I got exhausted and now i want to end the contract . I am depressed.Worked 18 hours everyday to meet his requirements.Now I am depressed cause my client might take advantage of me  as i had no idea of memo . Now I cant even edit all the memo . You can see From the begining I had not written any memo because I have no idea about it now i researched alot and know about it . Can you please please help me?

It's only an issue if your client disputes or fails to pay. The client will already have been charged for last week's work.

Has it occured to you to simply set boundaries like a professional would? Clients can't force you to do any of the stuff you claim to have been forced to do. You simply tell the client your availability and what work you are willing and able to complete in that time.

g_vasilevski
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Petra,

Yes i understand your frustration, and i have done the same mistake my self...

I don`t have an update on what is the issue, is it just a short glitch or a bug, the team is still investigating this.

~ Goran
Upwork

I wasn't able to edit my memos either (yesterday). Too late to do anything about it now, but I had to email my client.

@Nichola L wrote:

I wasn't able to edit my memos either (yesterday). Too late to do anything about it now, but I had to email my client.

Oh, so it was already broken yesterday?  Well, at least I don't have to beat myself up that I didn't fix it this morning 🙂 

Off and on, I had been unable to edit memos for about three weeks. Usually I just give up when this happens, because it's only a question of changing, for example, "Proofreading Tommy's College X Essay" to "Proofreading Tommy's College X Application Form" (a de minimus difference) and I just change the memo for the next 10-minute section. 

Oddly enough, I haven't had this problem for the last week.

ETA :  This happens when I try to correct memos more or less concurrent with work at the time I am doing the work -- not at the end of the week.

whitneypavich
Active

Hi -

I am having the same issue and need to add a full days work from the 27th onto my work summary.

Help?!

Whitney P wrote:

I am having the same issue and need to add a full days work from the 27th onto my work summary.

It's too late. You had until 12 noon UTC to do so. (5 hours ago)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS