cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't Freelances/How do I view the feedback given to clients?

Michael C Member Since: Nov 4, 2015
1 of 22

I say "Why can't I/How do I" because I don't think this feature exists, but I don't understand why - it makes no sense. I'm expecting someone to comment and say, 'Oh just click over here' and I'll feel dumb, but I honestly don't think there is anywhere to find this.

Clients are given feedback, written, detailed and specific feedback the same that Freelancers are given. But how do I as a Freelancer, view the feedback given to clients?

I want to see what previous Freelancers said about them, why they rated them, who, when etc. The same that Clients get to see about me. Anyone can see what I was rated, even in each specific skill that UpWork asks about, and they can see the written feedback. Which is fine, they should be able to. But I can't see why a Client is 4/5 Stars? I can't see the areas that they're marked down on? I'm given less information?

If a client is marked down consistently as being bad at communication, I might not want to work with them. Especially if I can already see other information that makes me wary of them.

UpWork is good, I like it. But finding work feels like Freelancers are given less respect. Like its just a bunch of sharks fighting each other as often (without being rude), unprofessional, unclear and odd clients are allowed to dangle low paying jobs and hide behind vague feedback. I get that the information and data UpWork has might suggest Freelancers don't care, and since most money they get comes from clients, they're the priority - I get that. But again, don't want to be rude here, a lot of Freelancers here aren't that professional, they disappear pretty quick or never get jobs at all. I want that information, I want to know about my client, I want it to be an equal market.

Sorry for the ramble, it just seems like a weird thing to not show. I'm guessing this has probably been talked about before, so again, sorry for that. If it's as simple as clicking a button don't hesitate to tell me, I'd rather feel stupid on the Forums than not be able to read this info haha.Smiley Very Happy But assuming you cant view this information, does this bother anyone else?

Community Guru
Lisa W Member Since: Nov 14, 2015
2 of 22

Hi Michael,

On an original job posting, you can scroll down to the bottom and see reviews from other freelancers if the client has any. It will show stars, plus any feedback if it's been given. There may be another place where you can view more detail? But this is the way I do it before I apply to a job. Good luck!

Robert B Member Since: Jan 6, 2018
3 of 22

Lisa,

I am a client, and recently a freelancer who I had hired in the past was kind enough to screen shot some negative feedback that a different freelancer had given us.  I was unaware that this freelancer had given me negative feedback - and, I still can't locate his comment or feedback.  How can I view the feedback that freelancers give me?  I'd also like the ability to respond to feedback.  

Kind regards,

Rob

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 22

Hi Robert,

One way to view your complete Work History & Feedback is to click on any posting (active or closed) on your Jobs page then go to View Job Post> View Posting.

If you go to Jobs> All Contracts, you can see feedback for each job individually and respond to it under Terms & Settings.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Claudia Z Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
5 of 22

@Valeria K wrote:

One way to view your complete Work History & Feedback is to click on any posting (active or closed) on your Jobs page then go to View Job Post> View Posting.

The feedback comments no longer appear under Client's Work History and Feedback. I've checked several jobs posted by different clients and I can see only the stars rating.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 22

@Claudia Z wrote:

@Valeria K wrote:

The feedback comments no longer appear under Client's Work History and Feedback. I've checked several jobs posted by different clients and I can see only the stars rating.

I noticed that as well - but not all clients.

However it seems to be the case for the majority... Why is that?

I am deeply unhappy about this...

Ace Contributor
Anna G Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
7 of 22

I've also noticed this strange thing about feedback given to clients. It's shown along with star rating only when I open a job post from My Job Feed. Whether I click "Open job in a new window", or open the job post from an invitation, or choose "View original job post" for any current contract, no feedback comments appear, only stars.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
8 of 22

Hi Anna, 

Our team is aware of this and is working on a permanent solution. If you experience any additional issues please share them wit us (moderators) or our customer support.

Untitled
Venkatakrishnan R Member Since: Feb 14, 2018
9 of 22

Goran,

Is there any update on this. 

Looking forward for solutions implemented

Ace Contributor
Kevin C. N Member Since: Oct 4, 2016
10 of 22

"It's a bug" or so they say!

Spoiler
A bug that must be on the list of longest-living organisms