🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why can't I get Rising Talent Badge?
Page options
sebastien_n
Community Member

Why can't I get Rising Talent Badge?

Hi, everyone!

How are you?

I need your help regarding the Rising Talent Badge.

I have seen many new freelancers who have done only one job or none at all, have Rising Talent Badge.

But for me, I have done 4 jobs and still no Rising Talent Badge.

How come some people have the badge with no history, while I don't?

Can you clarify this issue?

My profile is this

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01485495db88e305fa

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sebastien,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see the exact requirements that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi there, 

I was a Rising Talent Badge Freelancer, but when I completed 1 or 2 jobs, then my RTB was removed. And how can I get the RTB back again?

Waleed A wrote:

I was a Rising Talent Badge Freelancer, but when I completed 1 or 2 jobs, then my RTB was removed. And how can I get the RTB back again?

You can't. Chances are you had poor (private?) feedback from one of your clients.

Once you have completed 4-6 contracts, you'll get a JSS, but you won't get the RT status back.

Thanks for your answer.

I have checked it and I am eligible for the badge.

Can you help me with this issue?

Hi Sebastien,

You will be notified via email if you are eligible to be part of the Rising Talent program. As a reminder, we look at a variety of factors when determining whether to award Rising Talent status. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile upon submission, including prior experience and skills and your educational background, as well as the opportunities available in the market. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Thanks for your answer.

How can you explain about the fact that many new freelancers get Rising Talent Badge?

And I already have completed 4 projects and still don't have one.

Don't you think it is kind of a bug in the system?

Regards,

Sebastien

Hi Sebastien,

I can confirm that everything is working as designed. 
Once you become eligible to receive the Rising Talent badge you will get an email confirmation. The badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

You still don't clarify about the fact that many new freelancers get rising talent badge.

Sebastien N wrote:

You still don't clarify about the fact that many new freelancers get rising talent badge.

No, and they won't either.

Forget about it. If you get it, you get it, if not, you won't.

You'll get a JSS within the next completed job or two, so it becomes irrelevant anyway.

Hi Sebastien, 

On the help article that Aleksandar noted on his post, there is a short explanation on why some new freelancers get the Rising Talent badge - 

"As a reminder, we look at a variety of factors when determining whether to award Rising Talent status. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile upon submission, including prior experience and skills and your educational background, as well as the opportunities available in the market. Therefore, even new freelancers who have yet to complete any projects on Upwork can be admitted into the Rising Talent program."

I hope this answers your question.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths