🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why can't I read client reviews
Page options
sydney_wong01
Community Member

Why can't I read client reviews

Hello,

I am having trouble reading the client's reviews from freelancers they have worked with in the past. I attached two examples.

1) client with a special plus account so I am not sure if that affects our views of seeing their reviews

2) Red part is where I clicked on to see the review but it doesn't do anything. It is not clickable. 

Can someone please help? 

17 REPLIES 17
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sydney,

You can view the information about the client on the right side of the job postings and in the Work History at the bottom. Unfortunately, there is no separate client profile area.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
bharvieux
Community Member

It looks like you're looking at the Proposal Details page. From there, in the Job Details section, you should be able to click on "View Job Posting." Scroll down to "Client's recent history," and you'll be able to read the freelancer reviews.

petra_r
Community Member

Sydney W wrote:

Hello,

I am having trouble reading the client's reviews from freelancers they have worked with in the past. I attached two examples.

1) client with a special plus account so I am not sure if that affects our views of seeing their reviews

2) Red part is where I clicked on to see the review but it doesn't do anything. It is not clickable. 

Can someone please help? 

To see a client's history, you go to the job post.

view job post.jpg

What if you have been sent an invite for a job? I can't find the "job posting" section (since they didn't post a job, I assume). I've already worked with the client's organization and everything has been great. Now they want to hire me through a different account that doesn't have the best feedback. I'd like to read the feedback, but I'm at a loss as to how. 

Why can you not easily view a client's feedback by clicking on their star rating -- is that not the most intuitive way to see it? Really frustrating UX here...

Hi Lauren,

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same invitation, but I would like to confirm that you should be able to view the original job and the feedback for your client.
Once you`ve clicked on the invitation from the notification tab, you can click on "View Job Postings". If you`re not able to view this option on your end, could you please reach out to me via PM with the invitation title so that I can check the details further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Sorry Goran,

I should have said I've received an "offer", not an invite. There is no "job posting" button anywhere in sight.

Hi Lauren,

I checked and don't see a pending offer on your account. Could you please click on my name and send me a private message with more information about the offer you're referring to, so I could assist you further?

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Vladimir, 

Before accepting an offer it's impossible to see the screen that you have attached. I've actually accepted the offer now (I had to blindly take the plunge without reading the feedback). So now I CAN see the screen you've attached. However, there is no "View original job posting" button. They never posted a job -- they sent me a direct offer. So I still can't see the client's feedback.

Hi Lauren,

I apologize for the confusion. I do see you've already accepted the offer. In cases of direct offers, a job post isn't linked since the client is reaching out to the freelancer directly without posting a job. In these cases, you can ask the client to share a link to an open job post of theirs, if they have one, or reach out to Customer Support and they will be able to provide the information you're looking for. Feel free to select my name and send me a private message if you'd like to receive more insight on the client's job history.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Yes, I gathered it was impossible. Other freelancers have commented on other threads saying that when they did call the helpline, they were told to just look at the star rating. Tis a rather poorly thought-through design, I must say.

Thanks Lauren, I'm sorry about your experience. I'll share your feedback with our team.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thanks for your help, Vladamir.

steve-d
Community Member

Hi, coming to this thread over two years later, it looks like it's still not possible to see client reviews if you receive a direct offer?

As described by the freelancers above, I can see the client's overall rating but I can't see the individual reviews that made up this rating. Because it is is direct "offer", there is no original job posting link I can use to see the client's history.

Seems like it would be a pretty easy fix for Upwork - add the "Client's recent history" section to the offer page.

eylotte
Community Member

I'm here in 2021 looking for an answer to this problem, too.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Carlota,

Could you please share more details about the problem you're experiencing so that I can assist you further? You can always view the client feedback by opening their job post and scrolling to the bottom of the page. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
32f44a11
Community Member

I am also wondering why you will not allow us to see the actual reviews that the freelancers have posted regarding the Client, Instead of just the start rating. Freelancers should have access to the reviews just like a Client can leave a review for a freelancer and this is visiable to other clients.

mckennamonroe
Community Member

2022 and same! When someone direct messages me to discuss possible work and they don't have a job posting, I want to read why they have two stars, or four stars, or whatever. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths