cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think the clients who go on

Himanshu S Member Since: Jan 5, 2014
1 of 10
Hi Guys, Greeting to all. I am not a bigshot in Odesk, but for the past 6 months I am doing my part with honesty and integrity. I have been working with 4 clients, out of which from 3 I always get a 5 star rating and appreciation with my effort and outputs. All of them are from outside India. But 1 client who claims to be in Australia, is ruining my profile. But I am sure he is from India as all the lines he writes to me are full of spelling and grammar errors. Even if in his feedback, he mentions about the PPH (peopleperhour.com) while we are on Odesk. I hope he doesn't know what exactly he is writing. He assigned me 3 jobs on fixed price out which I denied 2 of them as these were asking about the negative SEO work and spam link building. On the job I accepted, we had a mutual agreement of submitting the 20% of the total work for which I would be paid and thereafter we'll carry on the work. Instead of the payment, he put 2 bad reviews on my profile. Few days later another client came in named as ** from Australia and did the same thing to me without any payment. I am guessing both of them are same as their style of writing bad English matches 100%. Now guys please tell me what I need to do as I am not able to post any feedback on them on their profile. And guys please beware of these two profiles as these are completely fake. ** Still don't understand why Odesk is giving such priority to clients only. We also do the hard labour for which Odesk is getting payment. And please guys suggest me how to remove these feedbacks as these feedbacks are ruining my profile. Looking forward to hear suggestions from all of you. Thank you Himanshu Sekhar *"Removed by admin"
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
2 of 10
You were paid for these 3 jobs. You got $4, $2 and $2. If you want the feedback to go away then refund the money for all 3 jobs. This could not have happened to you without you accepting the jobs and the money.
Ace Contributor
Shahzad A Member Since: Feb 11, 2012
3 of 10
I'll totally agree with Margaret because it seems quite a reasonable solution in your particular case. Meanwhile, you can contact oDesk support and present your case including: job description, mutual agreement, chat histories, and delivered work. Hope you'll get a warm response. All the best!
Robin C Member Since: Jan 10, 2012
4 of 10
You have 2 other contracts waiting for feedback that have much larger monetary value than the combined $8 of these three contracts. $90-ish at 5 stars keeps the $8 1 star feedbacks from having much effect. Sure, you wont have a perfect 5 star, but many freelancers (wisely) will not work for clients who routinely give out such damning feedback. Leaving them may end up affecting the client more than you. That is, assuming that you simply need to leave your feedback for those two contracts and that those clients leave good feedback. I would certainly wait to find that out before deciding.
Andrew B Member Since: Feb 11, 2011
5 of 10
As others have said, you can give a refund to get rid of the feedback. Honestly though from what I've heard and seen on here, the low paying job listings just tend to be full of meanies. I keep hearing about so much exploitation, verbal abuse, etc from people who apply to the low priced jobs... I know I've never had anything like that happen with the jobs I work. Maybe it's best to either start bidding higher or be more selective in who you work for.
Robin C Member Since: Jan 10, 2012
6 of 10
[quote=Andrew Button]I know I've never had anything like that happen with the jobs I work. Maybe it's best to either start bidding higher or be more selective in who you work for.[/quote] Ditto, Ditto, Ditto! I have had some odd clients, mostly in the area of non-communication, and that seems understandable, for the most part. After all, they are generally running a business or have otherwise busy lives. Regardless, I have never had any psycho, mean, or even rude clients. Quite the contrary; my clients are generally very helpful, encouraging, generous, and most importantly, appreciative. I don't get this business about rude or mean clients. There was even one post describing them as zombies. I have quite a different take on clients, that's for sure. I can only assume, as you did, Andrew, that it is the level of "clients" people are choosing to deal with. Hope people start choosing differently. Smiley Happy
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
7 of 10
[quote=Robin C.] Ditto, Ditto, Ditto! I have had some odd clients, mostly in the area of non-communication, and that seems understandable, for the most part. After all, they are generally running a business or have otherwise busy lives. Regardless, I have never had any psycho, mean, or even rude clients. Quite the contrary; my clients are generally very helpful, encouraging, generous, and most importantly, appreciative. [/quote]
Donna D Member Since: Mar 20, 2013
8 of 10
All of the clients I've worked with here and on other freelancing sites are and have been professional, polite, honest and pleasant to work with. I guess it's instinct too, if there's something slightly "off" with a client's job history and feedback given and received, I close the tab immediately. During the interview stage, I interview them as much as they interview me.
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Pat P Member Since: Nov 26, 2013
9 of 10
I think the clients who go on looking to exploit freelancers by only paying $5 for a $100 job are already predisposed to treating freelancers poorly. I suggest aim high, because people who pay decent are going to treat you decent.
Community Leader
Mahmudur R Member Since: Jan 14, 2014
10 of 10
Maybe everyone of us knows about the Auto Hidden and its bad effect. One of the reasons of Auto Hidden is how many times the freelancer made refund full. oDesk new policy countes it as a failure that makes the applicant as 'not good fit' to the client! Pardon me to say, clients are taking the place of god on odesk! Odesk made an option to let them know the view of the client about the applicants no matter the client is verified, fake or an evil! I am really disappointed and tried several times to close my ID but unable to do due to have 22 jobs in process! I scored top in four relevant tests, worked with 58 clients from different countries, diffetent views, choices and almost everyone was happy with my services. But still oDesk new policy counts me as 'not good fit'!!! the only thing is going against me, I had two bad clients and ended the contacts instant by refunding full. Then the support team informed me, it could be the reason to make my applications hidden! Funny!!!
Mahmud
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS