🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why connects that wasn't expiring became expi...
Page options
ibrahimshendy
Community Member

Why connects that wasn't expiring became expiring in a month at the same day?

I checked my connects today, it had no expiring connects. After hours at the same day I got an email and discovered there are 6 connects expiring in a month. I have no idea why. Can someone explain why?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ibrahim,

Connects expire a year after they've been added. One month before that happens we send an email to the freelancer as a heads up. It appears that you may have checked your settings on January 27th just a few hours before 11 months have elapsed since the moment these connects were added and before the notification was sent to you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ibrahim M wrote:

I checked my connects today, it had no expiring connects. After hours at the same day I got an email and discovered there are 6 connects expiring in a month. I have no idea why. Can someone explain why?

Are you disagreeing that they expire or what time of day the message was sent?

Martina P wrote:

I don't know why they are suddenly expiring yes. I checked them this morning at 6 AM in my timezone there were no expiring connects. Then, the email I got was after two hours at 8 AM saying there are expiring connects. I checked them again and surprisingly I saw a new line saying that there are 6 expiring connects in a month. Why?

Ibrahim M wrote:

Martina P wrote:

I don't know why they are suddenly expiring yes. I checked them this morning at 6 AM in my timezone there were no expiring connects. Then, the email I got was after two hours at 8 AM saying there are expiring connects. I checked them again and surprisingly I saw a new line saying that there are 6 expiring connects in a month. Why?

Can someone get back those expiring connects not expiring? or why do they suddenly became expiring?

Hi Ibrahim,

Connects expire a year after they've been added. One month before that happens we send an email to the freelancer as a heads up. It appears that you may have checked your settings on January 27th just a few hours before 11 months have elapsed since the moment these connects were added and before the notification was sent to you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Okay. I couldn't know why. Thanks.

Upwork times are in UTC, so the day changes at a different time for them than it does in your local time. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths