🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why contract got suspended?
Page options
muhammadarsal13
Community Member

Why contract got suspended?

Hi Community Gurus:

I have been working with a client for more than four-month now. The issue is my contract with that client is getting suspended without any reason that's why I couldn't work for that client. I've also discussed this with the client and he told me that he didn't do anything with the contract and he is very much satisfied with my work. Please let me know that what should I do to get away with this thing because the deadline is near and I don't want to lose this client.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Since he is clearly not being too upfront about it, no. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

It is usually a problem with the client's credit card. Upwork tells you to not work until this is resolved, so that's what you should do. 

Thank you so much for letting me know. Should I discuss this problem with the client as he is saying that he doesn't know anything about the contract being on hold?

Since he is clearly not being too upfront about it, no. 

re: "Should I discuss this problem with the client"

No.

It is the client's project.

lt is not my project.

If the client wants work done on the project then he will resolve all payment matters so that the contract is not suspended.

I have plenty of work to do on active, non-suspended contracts.

I am not going to spend any time talking to the client about this or trying to talk to Upwork about this. There is nothing I can do about it.

re: "Please let me know that what should I do to get away with this thing because the deadline is near and I don't want to lose this client."

There is no "deadline" for finishing work for a suspended contract. There is no deadline associated with clients who can't pay me for my work.

I don't care if I "lose a client" who can't pay me.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members