🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why did my jss drop?
Page options
sparkesusan
Community Member

Why did my jss drop?

I don't understand why my JSS is dropping! I have mostly 5-star feedback and was at 98%. Now it has dropped twice and is now 95%. What the heck? I'm top rated but I won't be if this keeps happening through no fault of mine. Not sure this is fair to good freelancers who work hard.

6 REPLIES 6
roberty1y
Community Member

Private feedback not as good as public feedback. A 100 percent score doesn't guarantee you'll get jobs, and a score of less than that doesn't mean it's impossible to find work. I don't think a drop from 100 to 95 makes any difference at all.

petra_r
Community Member

Susan S wrote:

I don't understand why my JSS is dropping! I have mostly 5-star feedback and was at 98%. Now it has dropped twice and is now 95%. 

Private feedback...

You want to stay away from dirt-cheap clients. They tend to be as mean with feedback as they are with their money.

I can't even begin to imagine what would tempt anyone to accept a job to proofread EDIT 11.000 words for $40...

Petra R wrote:

You want to stay away from dirt-cheap clients. They tend to be as mean with feedback as they are with their money.

I can't even begin to imagine what would tempt anyone to accept a job to proofread EDIT 11.000 words for $40...

True. A lot of people think that low-paying clients will be more accommodating and have lower standards, thus giving better feedback. Absolutely not. I know from reading about people's experiences here that they're the meanest and the nastiest people on the site. Also, having a work history of really low-paid jobs is probably worse than having none at all. People should hold out for higher-paid work even if it means waiting longer and sending out far more proposals.

bilal1983
Community Member

My JSS has not been calibrated yet. But from what I have been reading on posts here it is all a little too complicated.

And I understand your predicament Susan. I guess I would be a little frustrated myself in a similar position.

Personally I would rather have no JSS than to have a lower than 100% JSS.

I think most if not all clients would look at a lower than 100% JSS, and think, "Hmmm, one his/her clients must've given a negative private feedback." OR, "He/She must've not performed well."

Point being that they won't consider the 95 percentile and focus on the missing 5 percentile.

Similar to the clients not looking at all the 5 star ratings one has and suddenly stop hiring because of one less than 5 stars.

Not saying UW is really bad, there's a reason this is the only platform I decided to try my luck as a freelancer. But it's a tough ecosystem for sure.

Bilal M wrote:

My JSS has not been calibrated yet. But from what I have been reading on posts here it is all a little too complicated.

It isn't. As you don't have one yet, how about you don't pass judgment as you don't actually know what you are talking about?

Bilal M wrote:

I think most if not all clients would look at a lower than 100% JSS, and think, "Hmmm, one his/her clients must've given a negative private feedback." OR, "He/She must've not performed well."

Complete and utter nonsense! 

Bilal M wrote:

Similar to the clients not looking at all the 5 star ratings one has and suddenly stop hiring because of one less than 5 stars.

More complete and utter nonsense.

Thank you for your expert feedback Petra, as always.

🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members