cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did my sucess score suddenly went down to 73%?

ramirezleo
Leonardo R Member Since: Jul 28, 2016
1 of 8

Today I saw my profile and I realized my success score went down to 73% and it was previously in 91% the day before. I really don't understand this, the lowest feedback I had received has been 4.40 and all the rest 5. 

Can someone explain why is this? I don't see how anyone is going to hire me again with this score.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 8

Hi Leonardo, 

There are many factors that are included in your job success score computation and your public feedback is just one of them. This primary metric takes into account private and public feedback, rehires, long-term relationships, jobs with no spend or feedback, along with several other factors.

We takes snapshots of your six-, 12- and 24-month history in the marketplace and calculate a score for each. The best score out of these moving time windows is displayed on your profile and updated about every two weeks.

The snapshots we take to determine your best Job Success scores are calculated on a rolling window, which means sometimes a contract can slip out of your best calculation. This can cause your score to change significantly without recent activity. For example, a contract will no longer be counted in your six-month window once it is six months and one day old. 

~ Avery
Upwork
mosky
Alex M Member Since: Apr 23, 2016
3 of 8

Hey Leonardo, someone probably gave you a low private feedback score that could have dropped your job success score down significantly. 

ramirezleo
4 of 8

I have not received any feedback recently and it went down more, way down to 69%, I don't understand? Why did it change if I have not received any feedback besides the one that got me from 91% to 73%

I am very worried, I really depend on the jobs I get as a freelancer and I am not gonna get any more with this score.

ramirezleo
5 of 8

I just saw my contracts and I realized one of them is inactive because the employer refuses to end it and to give me the respective feedback. What could I do in that case? I don't think there's any way for me to end the contract by myself. I keep sending messages to the employer and he just ignores me. It's ruining my score and keeping me from getting new jobs. And another question, if he finally ends the contract and gives me a positive feedback the score would be back to where it was, right?

Thank you for your responses, if you could clear other doubts it would be great!

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 8

Hi Leonardo,

As Avery explained in her earlier post on this thread there are many factors that go into your Job Success score. It doesn't only depend on recent activity but also on your activity over a longer period of time. That's why it may change even without any contracts being closed recently.

If you have contracts that have been inactive for a long period of time and the clients haven't replied to your messages stating any plans to use those contracts in the future, you can go ahead and close them yourself.

~ Valeria
Upwork
ramirezleo
7 of 8

Thank you Valeria, and thank you everyone for your replies!

princessmia
Princess M Member Since: Jul 29, 2016
8 of 8

Seems like me and you are on the same boat

I am new to upwork and I received a 63% as my first job score.. I have 4-5 star feedback and depend on this place for income as well. I am extremely worried and frustrated. 

All we can do is wait for it to change.. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS