cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did profile completeness drop from 100 to 90%?

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
1 of 21

A while back Valeria explained that the old eLance preparedness test did not carry over to Upwork so, in order to bring my profile up to 100% complete, I took the test.  Passed the test.  Hid the test from my profile as there was no reason to display it.  My profile showed at 100% complete ... until the last stats update.  It went back to 90% for no explicable reason.

CS will not be able to give me an answer as they couldn't explain WHY it was at 90% in the first place.

According to Valeria, including a social media link has zero influence on profile completeness ... so that is not the cause.

Any enlightenment would be appreciated.  And guesses accepted.  Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
2 of 21

@Wendy C wrote:

A while back Valeria explained that the old eLance preparedness test did not carry over to Upwork so, in order to bring my profile up to 100% complete, I took the test.  Passed the test.  Hid the test from my profile as there was no reason to display it.  My profile showed at 100% complete ... until the last stats update.  It went back to 90% for no explicable reason.

CS will not be able to give me an answer as they couldn't explain WHY it was at 90% in the first place.

According to Valeria, including a social media link has zero influence on profile completeness ... so that is not the cause.

Any enlightenment would be appreciated.  And guesses accepted.  Smiley Happy

Perhaps this thread will help you: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/How-Long-Does-It-Take-to-Get-Top-Rated-Badge-to-Show-Aga...

Be careful if you're Top Rated and making changes to your profile. You won't get any kind of warning that you will lose your status. Infuriating.

Community Leader
Aleksandr H Member Since: Jan 29, 2017
3 of 21

@Jess C wrote:

Be careful if you're Top Rated and making changes to your profile. You won't get any kind of warning that you will lose your status. InfuriatingAsinine.

Ftfy

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 21

Hi Wendy, 

I'll go ahead and check this with the team, but it looks like you're being asked to link a social account to have a 100% complete profile. I also checked this help article and a linked social account adds 10% to your profile completeness. 

Before I proceed, I wanted to check if you updated anything recently on your profile? 

I've checked this with the team to confirm the information I've shared. Petra, and Valeria are correct. Linking social media accounts can count towards profile completeness, if it is linked, but is not required. Another option to complete the profile is taking a skills test, + the Upwork Readiness Test, adding a porfolio, adding a certification, and/or experience. 

Wendy, could you please try completing the readiness test, + another skill test, and displaying the results publicly? Let us know what happens so that we can look into it further.

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
5 of 21

@Avery O wrote:

it looks like you're being asked to link a social account to have a 100% complete profile. I also checked this help article and a linked social account adds 10% to your profile completeness.

Valeria has already previously confirmed that a linked social account is NOT needed for 100% profile completeness. As was already mentioned in this very thread.

Wendy, just add one more employment history item, that'll take you to 100%

You could also show your readiness test result, it can't hurt and will solve the issue.

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
6 of 21

@Avery O wrote:

I've checked this with the team to confirm the information I've shared. Petra, and Valeria are correct. Linking social media accounts doesn't count towards profile completeness. In the help article I noted, it appears that linking accounts can help as an alternative to taking the readiness test, + another skill test, and displaying the results publicly, but is not a requirement in itself. 

This paragraph is a little confusing. Yes, linked social media accounts are not NECESSSARY to reach 100% profile completeness, but I believe they do "count towards profile completeness". I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that adding one social media account helped get me up to 100%.

BTW I have 100% completeness without any test results or certifications, but I have got a social media link and 3 items in my employment history.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 21

Thanks for the flag, Richard. I've updated my response so that it's not confusing. 

-Avery
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Nicola P Member Since: Jun 20, 2015
8 of 21

Hi Wendy,

You have no test results showing on your profile. This might be the problem.

Community Guru
9 of 21

Thanks, Petra.  So the test has to show on profile?

Surely, this is a joke .....

Community Guru
10 of 21

This still does NOT address why profile showed as 100% for months and then, last stat update, dropped to 90%.

From a personal aspect:

If Upwork wants social links > let us use LI accounts.  At least those are business related.  As far as other SM links ...our private lives are just that. Private.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS