🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why didn't I get a job despite having good sk...
Page options
zhaiderbd
Community Member

Why didn't I get a job despite having good skills on my job?

I am a graphic designer. I have good skills on logo design and illustration. I applied many applications for get a new job. But I do not get any job last 4 months. Why didn't I get a job despite having good skills on my job?

Thanks and regards

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
raina5
Community Member

I apologize if I said something wrong, i was trying to be helpful.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
cartrellgeneral
Community Member

There are thousands of other graphic designers on this website, many with good to excellent skills. You have a lot of competition. You need to find a way to make yourself stand out above the rest.

dzadza
Community Member

You used the same graphic on two different logos - that suggests stock graphic to any potential client. 

raina5
Community Member

Hi, How long have you been looking for work? It can take quite a while to get your foot in the door and start developing a standing here. I know you may not want my advice, but one thing I noticed right away was your extremely low rate. Perhaps that isn't low in your native country? I'm not sure, and others may be able to speak to this better than me, but when I see a rate that low I instantly think the work must be "cheap" and not  in a good way.  You have a lot of good samples in your portfolio, maybe shuffle them around a little so the first page of your work isn't all kind of one "look" - the logos on the first page all have a similar feel. Show that you can do a lot of different things.  Just some thoughts. Its a numbers game here. Keep sending out proposals, try to make connections with the clients, with a focus on connecting rather than impressing. Feel out what they need and express how you can supply it. Spend your free time making more samples showcasing your talent. Best of luck!

dzadza
Community Member

Also - you're not alowed to have link to your website on your UW profile - better remove that.

raina5
Community Member

90ad35d8
Community Member

Kate R wrote:

I think you were extremely helpful even though you had no obligation to be. It's much easier to be snarky or scornful than to give kind feedback with suggestions for improvement.

dzadza
Community Member

Kate R wrote:

You didn't say anything wrong - it's just that the profile itself is not really professional  - that's all.

zhaiderbd
Community Member

Thanks for giving me helpful information.

zhaiderbd
Community Member

You have given me good advice. But I am finiding a good job that is suitable for me.

ivanstrug
Community Member

I might be wrong, but fundamentally you do not seem to have a compelling story: you worked for 5 years at Ambac and 5 years at ARM, yet none of the things in your portfolio. Furthermore, you profile indicates that you are still working at ARM while you are offering "full time effort". Also your portfolio if fairly generic and there is nothing in it the clearly distinguishes you from all the other graphic designers out there. 

I would also suggest that you spend a bit of time responding to a job. Maybe you would even produce some kind of design that, although could not be used by the client, would should your artistic ability. 

zhaiderbd
Community Member

I am expert in logo design, graphic design and illustration. I have over 12 years practical experience in logo design, graphic design and illustration. I have good skills on Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. I have some samples of my work, the link of which I have given in my profile. I am currently looking for a good job that suits my job skills. How can I get a good job based on my work skills?

Thanks and regards,

Md Zia Haider

dzadza
Community Member

Md Zia H wrote:

I am expert in logo design, graphic design and illustration. I have over 12 years practical experience in logo design, graphic design and illustration. I have good skills on Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. I have some samples of my work, the link of which I have given in my profile. I am currently looking for a good job that suits my job skills. How can I get a good job based on my work skills?

Thanks and regards,

Md Zia Haider

There are literally hundreds of thousands of freelancers offering the same service. Every logo job posting has 50+ proposals within 30 minutes of posting. It's very hard to get a logo design project here. The fact that clients often abandon their job postings doesn't help the situation... 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members