🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Why didn't I know a job was no longer ava...
Page options
garroutte_kelly
Community Member

Why didn't I know a job was no longer available until I spent an hour preparing a proposal?

This is a very frustrating waste of time.

**Edited for community guidelines**

up2.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Kelly G wrote:

Why didn't I know a job was no longer available until I spent an hour preparing a proposal.

Because it was still available when you first saw it, then became unavailable by the time you were done an hour later.

Why would you spend AN HOUR writing a proposal for a bottom-level cheap job at pondlife-rates?

I spent an hour on it because I had to research how to look up keywords and I'm a new writer trying to build my reputation which is why I submitted a proposal for a project (a how to book) that I got credit for writing. It would look great on my profile.

If you know better ways to build credibility and value please let me know, because I need all the help I can get.

How coincidental is it that it became unavailable in the 1 hour time frame in which I put it together? They were supposedly looking for 99+ writers...

lol that client is pretty infamous on Upwork.

Kelly G wrote:

It would look great on my profile.

How coincidental is it that it became unavailable in the 1 hour time frame in which I put it together? They were supposedly looking for 99+ writers...

They've been looking for 99 freelancers for literally years and no, it wouldn't look great on your profile.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths