🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why do I have 0 views on my proposals
Page options
kanyisa22
Community Member

Why do I have 0 views on my proposals

Hi fellow Upworkers. I was checking my Upwork stats today, I checked my proposal views for the last 90 days I sent 24 proposals and there are 0 views on my proposals. Why is that? can it be the reason I am not getting any jobs. I have been sending proposals for more than a year and I have got only 1 job. Please help me I am open to any helpful advice. Here is how I usually write proposals: Hello Eddie! Just read your job posting, it sounds like you are looking for a Shopify developer to update your current holding page to another holding page with a few more images, and a small amount of text and contact details. I have a background in developing and designing Shopify websites and have been doing this for 3 years, theme customizations is what I specialize in. I can work with you to update your holding page with a trendy and attractive look, appropriate colors and fonts, enticing and interesting image design, that gives your users an immediate idea of what the website is about, those who clicks to your holding page will be more likely to stay and click further, increasing chances of higher conversions for your store. Here is an example of a holding page I updated for my previous client **Edited for Community Guidelines** You can visit my portfolio website here :**Edited for Community Guidelines**. Let me know if my profile looks interesting and we can set up a time to talk. Kind Regards You can give advice on my profile also:https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01c384dabf9a5c6f7e PLEASE HELP.

2 REPLIES 2
roberty1y
Community Member

There's just a lot of competition out there. Now is a particularly bad time for freelancers - everybody here is seeing a drop in demand.

I don't know much about the type of work you're in, so I can't say if your rate is right or too high. But I suggest you check to see what other people in the same line of work are charging (preferably people in your own country, or comparable areas). Make sure you check the rates for people who are getting steady work, so you'll know what's a realistic fee to charge.

Your proposal sample seems good to me. But I'd suggest you divide it into paragraphs. A dense mass of text puts people off when they're scanning proposals.

the-right-writer
Community Member

As Robert said, this is a difficult time for many freelancers. COVID changed the world, and Upwork is no exception. Way too many freelancers playing free connect scams, fewer high-paying jobs, and fewer real jobs. The worldwide economy is affecting jobs as well.

I suggest you correct the errors in your profile and add more to your portfolio. If you don't have the job to reference, create something yourself. Keep trying, take a hard look at potential clients, and don't despair. Take an honest look at your proposals and see if you can improve them.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members