🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Why do I keep seeing "8 hours ago" on rec...
Page options
alison_chidi
Community Member

Why do I keep seeing "8 hours ago" on recent job posts?

Hi..
 Lately, I've been seeing recent job posts, yet they all have this " posted 8 hours ago" on them. It shows the actual time the same job was posted when I use a mobile phone but shows an "8 hours" time when I use my laptop. Can something be done about it?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

9 REPLIES 9
moonraker
Community Member

I'm not sure I understand, but...

The two screenshots you show are of jobs over 1 hour ago, and jobs less than one hour ago. If it's more than 1 hour, it gets rounded up to the hour. If it's less than one hour, then it is not rounded up and minutes are displayed instead. I don't see the problem with that. 

Hi Jamie,

It's not really a problem to me. But if a job was recently posted, you'll see "posted 10 minutes ago" (If that was the time it was posted")... But a job posted 10 minutes ago will actually indicate that it was posted 10 minutes ago on my mobile phone, yet same job indicates that it was posted 8 hours ago on my computer. I noticed this on my job feed today. 

Ah, I see now... 

Hi Achilonu,

I'm sorry to hear about this. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you Aleksanda. I'll wait for the support team.

i am facing a time bug issue for a while. my laptop shows the job is posted 13 hours ago whereas my phone shows it is posted a while age

Hi Rizwan,

Could you try to delete and add again your saved search results?

Once you`ve searched for a skill, industry, or keyword you can further refine the results by using our filters. Once you`re done, click on the green button to save the search result. To learn more about this click here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi everyone, 

My job posting shows 22 hours ago on my laptop. Have tried clearing browsing history and its still not working.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Monicah,

To receive the most recent jobs in your job feed I would recommend to add saved search results. Please follow the instructions I've shared in my previous post here on how you can add saved search results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths