🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why do I keep seeing this
Page options
blackmonbks
Community Member

Why do I keep seeing this

When I try to submit a quote I see this: 

You do not meet all the client's preferred qualifications

You may still submit a proposal, but the client will see that the proposal does not meet the following criteria.

Can someone tell me why I am very qualified , I have 30 years of accounting is there something I dont possibly have filled out... this is getting really old.

2 REPLIES 2
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Hi, Kimberly. I see that you're new to the platform. One of the first things to do is adjust your aggravation threshold way up, or this place will drive you nuts. (I speak from experience!) There are many things about the way the platform works that are counter-intuitive and/or inefficient to anyone who's a seasoned professional contractor. 

There are a couple of settings in job posts that will trigger that message if you don't meet the threshold. One is a minimum number of hours billed on UW (which no newbie has, nor anyone who primarily works fixed-price contracts). Another is a minimum JSS, which no newbie has yet. If a project looks like a good fit for you, go ahead and bid and ignore the message. Some clients set those thresholds intentionally but are receptive to candidates who look good; and some clients don't pay that much attention.

IMO one of UW's most annoying foibles (because it could be corrected so easily) is imprecise, opaque, ham-handed language and tone in standard messaging. That particular pop-up is a case in point.

Thank you and yes it is very annoying... lol
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members