Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do my times not add up?

babzward
Community Guru
Barbara W Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
1 of 5

Today I started on my first hourly job through Upwork, and I have been using the time tracker so that I don't have to worry about keeping track or my hours being disputed. After completing the current assignment, I went to check the work diary to ensure that everything lines up -- it has my time listed as 2:10, which makes sense given the amount of time I spent on each individual article in this assignment. However, when I back out to the "My Work" page, it shows a time of 1:40 - a full half hour less, which is roughly the time I spent on the most recent article. (I'm a work-at-home puppy parent, so I stopped the tracker in between articles so that I could take my puppy outside.) Should I be concerned that these times don't add up? Is there a delay before these times are posted to the "My Work" page? I'm extra concerned because, while working in the time tracker, my time was shown as 2:10, but when I went back to check it against the other data, now it lists -- : -- for both the daily and weekly times.

- Barbara Herrera -
firescue17
Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

The Work In Progress report updates on the 1/2 hour. When the site is functioning correctly, the work diary updates within minutes. The Work In Progress report is usually behind 20 to 40 minutes until you have stopped working for 30 to 45 minutes.

View solution in original post

babzward
Community Guru
Barbara W Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
3 of 5

Thanks... I'll try checking back in a little while to see if it's fixed. I'm probably just paranoid due to other hourly contracts (on other platforms) being scammy. Smiley Happy

Update: The times all match now.

- Barbara Herrera -
firescue17
Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
4 of 5

@Barbara W wrote:
... I'm extra concerned because, while working in the time tracker, my time was shown as 2:10, but when I went back to check it against the other data, now it lists -- : -- for both the daily and weekly times.

Furthermore, regarding the --:-- , check the report dates carefully. The system runs off GMT. Given that you are in the U.S., the reports have possibly rolled over to Friday already. Since it's still today, you can't have logged any hours for tomorrow Smiley Happy

Or, maybe it's broken lol

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 5

Steven E. L wrote

Furthermore, regarding the --:-- , check the report dates carefully. The system runs off GMT.

No it doesn't. It runs on UTC

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS