cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do you change my payment sched all the time?

Community Leader
Konstantine K Member Since: Sep 8, 2015
1 of 4

Greetings. 1 month ago my funds became available the moment the client accepted the screenshots on Friday and got paid on Saturday. I was informed by your customer support that I was part of a Beta testing period where you try out sooner payments. Support told me this is over and payments are now going again on Wednesdays. I got paid again on 16th of January (Saturday) and say next payment is going to be on the 27th (Wednsday). 

Why do you change my payments? I got a schedule and have managed my money according to my needs. This is unnacceptable.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
2 of 4

Hi Konstantine,

To help freelancers receive their funds sooner, we’ve launched a pilot program that accelerates the availability of funds on Upwork. You were apart of that Beta program for a short period of time. We’re constantly refining the program, and receiving your funds earlier one week doesn’t guarantee the same outcome in subsequent weeks. I understand this can cause some delay between your last payment and proceeding one. It looks like you were notified on the 9th that your payments would resume on their normal schedule.  

I'll let the team know of your concerns about providing information sooner on when the pilot test ends. 

-Lena

Untitled
Community Guru
Maria Marilyn M Member Since: Oct 27, 2010
3 of 4

Ok. So that's why it was available earlier. I hope this beta test becomes permanent so we can always receive the earnings sooner. Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Maria Marilyn M Member Since: Oct 27, 2010
4 of 4

I was surprised to see that one of the active contracts' pay is now available when most are available Wednesday morning. So I contacted the chat support just to ask out of curiosity. She responded that it was a beta test of a supposed upcoming feature where payments are made available earlier during holidays so they can be withdrawn earlier too. 

See chat transcript (edited);

**edited for Community Guidelines**

If this not allowed, please edit my post or just delete it.

I just wanted to share it. 

It looks like a good news. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS